Parkin brothers,footballers pearl st.

norman&maurice,sheffields best two footballing, brothers.any one know them?

Yes, remember both very well.

Played with Norman at one time and against both of them many times.

Last saw Norman about 18 months ago at a Sunday League re-union - looked well.

Both Norman and I got our coaching badges and Norman headed for the US to coach American youngsters during the Summer ( probably early eighties) when America was just getting in to "soccer". Asked me to go but I had family commitments.

Both loved publicity and two stories about Norman:-

1. He went playing in Malta for Valetta(?) and ended up in the Malta squad qualifying for the World Cup.

2. He was an "extra" in one of the "Rocky" movies.

Can't confirm either.

You say they were the best brothers in Sheffield football. I would contest this. They were probably better known (because of their "publicity") but I know two who I think were better footballers at the time.

hi lazec.you would have been playing about the same era as me,i also played with&against norman.

my old clubs,bricklayers arms,hemsworth fc,aston fc,cremorne london rd,few years ago,may even know you mate.

Norman had a season with us (East House on Spital Hill)used to roll up in a yellow e-type with his big du-lux dog.He was a good laugh Norman,but I gotta say,he wasn't our best player by a long way.Last time I saw him he calling door to door doing hoover repairs.He's on facebook if you want to get in touch.:loopy:

When you mention Hoovers I think it was Maurice (not Norman) - he was involved in a shop on Sharrow Vale Road (which is still there) which sold re-conditioned vacuums.

Some of the Clubs I played for:-

Sutton United; Hallam FC; Stocksbridge; Outibridge; Sheff Waterworks and many more on Saturdays.

Arabs FC; Hackenthorpe Blue Ball;Beighton; Phoenix; Simm etc. etc. on Sundays.

More clubs than Jack Nicklaus.................

Not seen either of them for over a year but both still in S11 I believe.

Norman played football for Sliema when in Malta . I remember when Norman "guested" for the Cremorne and some of the players in the team I was playing for who knew him were slightly in awe of the fact he was due to be playing against us. I think at that time Messrs Doszko and Naylor were also playing. We won by the way.

I later played for sides with both Norman and Maurice. Maurice is not enjoying the best of health.

I am surprised Alex 3659 hasn't contributed yet to this thread as I know he is a big pal of Norman's.

Norman is still very much with us...still does football coaching ...I think his brother is poorly and has to be looked after ...I generally see hi about twice a week I'll mention this thread

norman is still very much with us...still does football coaching ...i think his brother is poorly and has to be looked after ...i generally see hi about twice a week i'll mention this thread

is this norman that also played for the sportsman barnsley road in the mid. 60s ?

i used to live with norman and work for him at a early age he loved the ladies and was a funny man

he did have a yellow roller (500 npp) number plate he was also a freind of mi dads Joe meadows

A great guy to Norman was alway good to me when i was a kid.

Edited by Meds1516

lol remember norman well i also played against him a few times what a great character you could nutmeg him and run through his legs yourself he was so bowleged but i agree with you there was a lot of jealous people out there

When you mention Hoovers I think it was Maurice (not Norman) - he was involved in a shop on Sharrow Vale Road (which is still there) which sold re-conditioned vacuums.

Sutton United; Hallam FC; Stocksbridge; Outibridge; Sheff Waterworks and many more on Saturdays.

It was definately Norman,he came in our house,dint recognise each other,his hairs gone snow white,mines just gone plus I'm 4 stone heavier.

Norman was the Hoover man maurice worked for Norman then eventually started shown shop on sharrowvale road