DVLA - does anyone know if you can speak to a human being at the DVLA?

keep pressing star key, it batters the automated system and then puts you through to a person

I'll try it next time. :hihi:

keep pressing star key, it batters the automated system and then puts you through to a person

Yep, i keep pressing star repeatedly as it gets you through to an almost real person.

This was MY recent experience of a conversation with the DVLA:

Me: I am just ringing to notify you that, after two years of living at this place of residence, I am continuing to receive post from you (and everyone else for that matter) for the previous owner.

DVLA: Well, you need to return the post to us and notify us of the change of address of the previous owner.

Me: That is what I am doing today. I am ringing you to say, that for the past two years I have undertaken a combination of routes, a) I have forwarded post to her, and b) returned them to you along with the previous owner's new address. This has clearly made little difference to the situation, as I am continuing to receive post. The problem is, that I opened this latest letter by mistake, and it is a threat of litigation against her for not having paid numerous fines. I would now like to give you her address.

DVLA: You need to put any change of address in writing along with all your details.

Me: I don't have any details, I am not the woman to whom you are writing.

DVLA: Do you have proof of that?

Me: Er, yes, my birth certificate.

DVLA: Well, do you have proof you do not own the car which has been issued with fines?

Me: Well, MY car is registered with you, and, obviously, judging by the addressee on the envelope, even YOU know the car accruing the fines is registered to a woman other than the woman to whom MY car is registered.

DVLA: I can not change details over the telephone. The owner of this vehicle needs to write to us.

Me: I know, but she clearly is failing to do so, which is why I am ringing you to forward her details so that you can contact her directly.

DVLA: I am sorry but we can not do that. Penalty fine reminders, and all other DVLA correspondence will continue to be sent to this address, and we shall assume that you, therefore, are the owner of this vehicle. Do you need to seek to obtain proof from us that you are not the woman in question, in case you are taken to Court?

.....and so it went on. The outcome? I shall probably receive a Court summons at any time soon. What a JOKE!!!!!!

I spoke to a human and was on and off within 5 minutes of dialing (this was to replace my lost provisional....)

Id suggest dialling 0300 790 6801 pressing 1 2 then 0

just press 0000000 or ####### usually works as you confuse the automated system.