Central Locking On Car Not Working!?

Can anyone help me!?

The other day my battery died, so my jump started it and charged it up for me. Every since the central locking wont work and when i leave my car i have to open my door, press the central locking button in the car, then lock my door with the key! Argh!

Its a W reg(2000) Renault Clio.

Cheers in advance peeps!

-x-

Is it remote central locking?

Have you checked the battery in the key fob?

Hi!

Yes its remote central locking. The battery's are fine because i tried it with my spare key that i keep in the house and that didn't work either! The red light comes on when you press the button, but no response from the car! :(

-x-

I wonder if your main car battery isn't now charging enough to be able to unlock the doors then? Have you had a new battery recently? Have you had your alternator checked? (This charges the battery)

I know it might sound a bit daft, but try locking and unlocking your car doors a few times while the engine is switched on and the key is in the ignition - see if that helps.

It did with mine. If not, there's a small chance your key's may need re-programming.

Personally, after trying the key thing, I would nip it into your garage and ask their opinion (they probably won't charge you for a quick nosy or their brains picking)

If you're worried they'll charge you, you could always call Renault servicing and pick their brains instead.

Good luck :)

Can anyone help me!?

The other day my battery died, so my jump started it and charged it up for me. Every since the central locking wont work and when i leave my car i have to open my door, press the central locking button in the car, then lock my door with the key! Argh!

Its a W reg(2000) Renault Clio.

Cheers in advance peeps!

-x-

You can get good car advice on this forum (try the technical matters section) from the drop down box.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/threads.htm?f=2

Thank you so much for your replies and advice peeps!

Its a great help! :thumbsup:

-x-

If your battery has been disconnected, the car and the key will have forgotten each other - it's a security device.

Different systems have different reset methods, but I think on our Vauxhall it's something like turn the key in the ignition to only the first position (before engine fires) and hold the button in on the key for a couple of secs.

Or you could just dig your instruction book out ;)

If your battery has been disconnected, the car and the key will have forgotten each other - it's a security device.

Different systems have different reset methods, but I think on our Vauxhall it's something like turn the key in the ignition to only the first position (before engine fires) and hold the button in on the key for a couple of secs.

Or you could just dig your instruction book out ;)

that's the one I reckon

;)

Thanks for that. I had a look in my instructions book, but guess wot - nothing in there about it!!

I'lll try the ignition thing thank you.

xxx