Cookery Classes..

If you want to go just outside Sheffield I know that there also several cookery schools that run cookery classes:

In Tideswell there is the Tideswell School of Food that do a whole series of cookery classes some in the evening too. In Chesterfield there is Coghlans which do a series of day cookery classes and wine tasting events. In Bakewell there is a new place called Hartingtons which also do cookery courses as well as artisan food and drink classes.

Hope this helps!

Edited by chorne39

Does anyone know of anywhere that can offer basic cooking classes in or around Sheffield? I do not wish to gain a qualification or anything I simply wish to learn how to cook properly.........All suggestions welcome :)

Don't bother-just get a basic cookbook and start attempting things-when you go wrong you will learn from it....don't start with cakes!

In Chesterfield there is Coghlans which do a series of day cookery classes

I've had a bad experience with them. I booked a course and they took the money out of my account and extra, then said it was an error because I shared a postcode with another customer of theirs. Why they take money out of accounts based on postcodes - I dunno.

Then they cancelled the course and phoned me at 5pm the day before, when I was home from work. Not enough people to justify running it. I'd booked a holiday and couldn't cancel it. It's their loss, because I shall never go near them again. Awful service.

I went to School of Artisan Food near Worksop and they were wonderful.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of the Tideswell cookery classes? I can cook already, I just want to increase my repertoire :). Wanted to know if it was worth the money?