Afternoon Tea in Sheffield

I know its a bit further that the middle of Sheffield, but we went to Chatsworth House a few months ago and it was absolutely gorgeous!! Would definitely recommend it!

Great ideas, thank you :)

Actually this is what my mum wants to give us :)...but it's a long old haul to London and thought this would make a nice alternative. And the other half is not as keen on the whole 'afternoon tea' option as I am. :rolleyes:

It's not JUST afternoon tea, it's an experience not to be missed, We took my M.I.L for her 80th and went first class on the train, got 4 seats for £80 return,taxi to the Ritz, What a day, I'll remember it all my life

Edited by David Bowler

The little cafe in the Botanical Gardens. We always go there when we visit Sheffield. Don't know when it's open though. Might be seasonal?

Edited by soft ayperth

It's such a shame that 'Tuckwoods' no longer exists .

My Mum used to take me to Tuckwoods when I was a child. Does anyone remember "Davies" (I think it was called) in Haymarket, upstairs in the building opposite the Wilkinsons? Spotless white tablecloths, heavy cutlery, tea/coffee pots, and fast efficient waitresses. What lovely memories this has stirred. Thank you.

I hope you find your teashop and have memories, like mine, that will last you a lifetime.

My Mum used to take me to Tuckwoods when I was a child. Does anyone remember "Davies" (I think it was called) in Haymarket, upstairs in the building opposite the Wilkinsons? Spotless white tablecloths, heavy cutlery, tea/coffee pots, and fast efficient waitresses. What lovely memories this has stirred. Thank you.

I hope you find your teashop and have memories, like mine, that will last you a lifetime.

"Davys" I think, cytine. Yes, wonderful spot. Many happy memories. It was my favorite aunt's favorite spot so when we were kids she often took us there.

I have used the search function but the threads are a few years old and wondered if anyone had a more recent experience.

I'm looking for a lovely afternoon tea (the whole sandwiches, cakes and scones rather than a cream tea). I've seen Leopold Hotel and St Paul's. What are these like? We've been bought a Spa Experience at 1877 so wondered about going there mid morning, then walking down to somewhere lovely (a bit luxurious) for afternoon tea. So ideally somewhere in Sheffield rather than a drive away.

Anyone had any lovely/awful experiences we should know about?

Do try the Leopold Hotel, we had a voucher for afternoon tea through the Charity Unleashed booklet from Weston Park Hospital last year and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. So much so, that I would definitely pay to go and take my mum for mother's day etc. Lovely sandwiches, with a glass of champagne, choice of tea/coffee and homemade scones with jam and cream. Absolutely delicious and lovely staff.

I had afternoon tea at a function at the Beauchief Hotel recently, and it was faultless, beautifully presented, and delicious.

We used our voucher here too - and thought it was awful.

Dried up sandwiches which had clearly been prepared hours before (came wrapped in cellophane (nice!) , dry scones with basic jams - if I had paid the £20 per head they were priced at I would have been sorely put out!

Just to let everyone know - it's not £20 per head, it's £20 per couple. I went earlier in the year and thought it was lovely and quite good value - £10 for a glass of champagne, a pot of tea, plenty of sandwiches and scones. I haven't had afternoon tea anywhere else in Sheffield so I can't compare but I would recommend the Leopold.

Gosh Tuckwoods brings back memories as well as stories my mum tells me of going to Tuckwoods when she was a child. :)

Looks like there might be a chance of doing the ritz with my mum and a sheffield one with my other half! Brilliant.

Thanks for all the recommendations, will investigate those options. :D

The cafe in the Millennium Galleries (downstairs) does a lovely afternoon tea.

Leopold's is great - very fresh food, reasonable price for a treat and very friendly staff - good way to finish off a day at the sales!