Centertainment Parking - New Regulations

The new parking regulations went into enforcement today in the Centertainment car park, i.e. using metal railings to block off the whole car park to tram users apart from 250 spaces at the back.

I think this came about because people were abusing it and parking on cross-hatched areas or up curbs when the car park was full. This of course is unacceptable, but do that many people actually go to the cinema during a week-day? The number of spaces left empty in a morning must be in the hundreds!

I was conscientious enough to heed the warnings regularly plastered on my windscreen for the last couple of weeks and get up half an hour earlier than I usually would to secure a space for myself. However, in the future, as tram-users become more wise to the situation, I'm not sure it's going to be that easy.

Is there an alternative nearby that doesn't involve having to get the tram before 08:00 or pay extra for parking?

If it doesn't work out I'll just have to drive into Sheffield - so much for reducing emissions and congestion!

The new parking regulations went into enforcement today in the Centertainment car park, i.e. using metal railings to block off the whole car park to tram users apart from 250 spaces at the back.

Is there an alternative nearby that doesn't involve having to get the tram before 08:00 or pay extra for parking?

What specifically are the new regulations? Do the regulations say that you have to be parked before 8am or is that when you think the 250 spaces will be full by?

Given that there is already a park and ride at Nunnery square, and one at Meadowhall, I can't see how there are going to be more than 250 cars needing to park and ride from Centertainment. Are those 250 spaces reserved specifically for park and ride, or can cinema customers use them too?

I think this came about because people were abusing it and parking on cross-hatched areas or up curbs when the car park was full. This of course is unacceptable, but do that many people actually go to the cinema during a week-day? The number of spaces left empty in a morning must be in the hundreds!

I was conscientious enough to heed the warnings regularly plastered on my windscreen for the last couple of weeks and get up half an hour earlier than I usually would to secure a space for myself. However, in the future, as tram-users become more wise to the situation, I'm not sure it's going to be that easy.

If it doesn't work out I'll just have to drive into Sheffield - so much for reducing emissions and congestion!

Where do you live ?

Are those 250 spaces reserved specifically for park and ride, or can cinema customers use them too?
Last time I was there the owners seemed very keen to state that the car parks are for customers whilst using the facilities only. Certainly not a Park & Ride facility.

Meadowhall Park&Ride?

usually full by 7.30

Last time I was there the owners seemed very keen to state that the car parks are for customers whilst using the facilities only. Certainly not a Park & Ride facility.

Correct, but I believe there is another car park, behind the Centertainment, which is a Park & Ride facility. I think the 250 spaces to which he refers are that bit, not the main bit. The main bit only ever has been open to Centertainment customers, and anyone using it for any other purpose was liable to a fine for trespass and/or a wheelclamp.

The Meadowhall one is usually full by 7.00 am. Centertainment have enforced this before during school holidays but this is the first time (that im aware off) during non school holidays. I went to park there Yesterday and got one of the last parking spots at 7.50. So its a case of getting there 30 mins earlier i think from now on. Iv also heard on radio sheffield that meadowhall has now (or going to) enforced a 3 hour max parking in all their carparks except park & ride but i dont know how true this is. This will be a problem for my missus as when she says shes going to meadowhall for an hour. She actually means 3-4 hours, LOL

Does anyone know what time the car park at Centertainment is now full in a morning? Do you have to pay to park at Nunnery Square? I live in Conisbrough and work in Sheffield and it's getting harder to get to work! Is there other park and ride car parks available?

There is one at middlewood road and one at halfway. Tescos on Abbeydale Road is also a Park and Ride, but not with a tram (which is probably blindingly obvious to anyone in Sheffield) I think the bus is the 505 which goes up to the Hallamshire and other places.

the park and ride at middlewood always has spaces at 8am, and they have also increased the carpark size since Dec.This also has a bus which is free to tram users-(included on your stagecoach pass) from outerbridge stocksbridge and deepcar.

There is also a park and ride at malin bridge think this is a pound a day. and it is always advertised on the trams so i am guessing it is not used very often. best checking web site for info

http://www.supertram.com

Does anyone know what time the car park at Centertainment is now full in a morning? Do you have to pay to park at Nunnery Square? I live in Conisbrough and work in Sheffield and it's getting harder to get to work!

Why on earth would you want to get from Conisbrough to Sheffield by car? You're bang on the train line. :huh: