I'm Thinking Of Cancelling Sky.

That's for a full install too though don't forget, the guy above already has the dish, just needs a box. You can get a basic FSat box for about thirty squids! That'll do the same thing.

but .. but ... Boardwalk Empire is coming to Sky Atlantic !

Thinking of getting a virging hd box does anyone recommend?

I can recommend freeview, and if you really want a subscription service then there aren't any adverts on love film I'm currently working my way through "Fringe" on love film, the turnaround is excellent, you get the odd damaged dvd but they have happily swapped these every time I've had one

or if you have a decent broadband line there's the BT vision thing, I've no idea what that's like in practice though

sack off the tv licence and sky and just get lovefilm. You can only watch things you want to see and don't waste your life in front of the tv. Just got sent "the great escape" which has been on my "really should see but think it will be a let down" list, its fab! Also on that list was deerhunter-a truly awful film!!!

You can get most decent tv series on lovefilm as well!

People seem to forget that although they have Sky, and all these channels, 95% they don't watch.

I thought I would miss Sky but I realised the only channels I watch are, BBC 1, 2, 3 and 4, ITV 1 and 2, Channel 4, E4, More4 and Dave. All of which are available on Freeview.

well that stopped me changing to sky. i signed up to talk talk @ 6.99 for board band & 11.00 for the land line, now that to me adds up to £17.99 & my last few bills have been well over £30 & no i dont use the land line all that much as i have a mobile, on t-mobile as does my OH & son & his partner are both on t-mobile so we have unlimited calls so, advise please do i go back to BT or virgin or what?

I dont have any trouble with my internet, i can always get on. and i'm thick when it comes to changing. (i put that down to old age)

well that stopped me changing to sky. i signed up to talk talk @ 6.99 for board band & 11.00 for the land line, now that to me adds up to £17.99 & my last few bills have been well over £30 & no i dont use the land line all that much as i have a mobile, on t-mobile as does my OH & son & his partner are both on t-mobile so we have unlimited calls so, advise please do i go back to BT or virgin or what?

I dont have any trouble with my internet, i can always get on. and i'm thick when it comes to changing. (i put that down to old age)

We are talking about Sky TV, not broadband or telephone.

But yes, I have heard so many horror stories about talktalk. Thing is, I bet you can't change yet beacuse you will be on a contract, unless it's ran out.

I'm with BT, but that's only because I have family who work for them and they tell me about deals you can get waht they don't advertise.

Do it and get a digibox.

If you're not interested in Sport or movies (which you have to pay extra for anyway) then why bother?

I've done it. I'vre got rid of Sky+ and I'm glad I have.

I phoned them in Jnuary to be told I couldn't cancell beacuse my subsription doesn't rum out until February and to call back then.

Phoned to cancell today and this bloke told me I should have cancelled in January to give them a months notice and because I didn't I've now got to pay for another months.

I expalined the above to him and he said there's no note on the account of me calling in January. How convenient I thought.

It a massive con and I'm gald I'm free from it.

but .. but ... Boardwalk Empire is coming to Sky Atlantic !

Seen it. Not a lot actually happens in the show at all. It's pretty boring.

What is the actual procedure for cancelling Sky ? Do you phone them or write to them to give a months notice ? Or maybe it is best to do both ? Also another question ,can you cancel Sky TV but still keep their broadband ?

Edited by pattricia