Well done Wednesday fans!

Not only am I proud of my teams fightback, and of them not resorting to all out 'hoof ball' and panicking during the derby, I'm proud of them all for the discipline they all showed. Lesser teams may have resorted to 'over eager' tackles, and maybe a loss of discipline. Only one player did anything remotely bad, and that was O'Connor. Still, not bad considering the position we found ourselves in at one stage.

I'm also proud of Brian Laws comments about the game, and also the after match reaction of most of the Wednesday fans.

Our manager didn't blame one refereeing decision, he didn't blame a lino, he didn't blame one particular player, he didn't moan about the numerous yellow cards given to the United players, no.........he blamed himself.

He proved what type of man he is.

Most Owls have had a bit of banter, and overall, accepted the result, without trying to find some contentious thing they could perhaps try to blame the defeat on. No futile attempts at trying to claim a penalty that never was, or an offside that could have cost us. Mostly, no one has tried to blame a 'bit of shirt pulling', or a 'little shove on so and so'. Some claimed Relish fouled Buxton for the og, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I don't think Relish fouled him. Did any Owl blame the defeat on any spurious thing at all?

No, we all blamed certain members of our defence.

To a man (and woman) the Owls fans have blamed the awful defending in those crazy first half minutes.

Brian Laws, the Wednesday players, and all the Owls on this forum, I commend you! :thumbsup:

Edit. This post is obviously with a reference to the day(s) following the match, but as usual, some numpties have seen it as me praising the yobs at the game. Why do I fall for it?

Edited by Earwiggo

As said before, it was a great advertisement for Sheffield football.

After us Wednesdayites got over the defeat and reflected a bit more realisticly, it was one of the best games ive ever seen Wednesday and United play in my 28 years.

Only the Wembley Semi can beat it and that was a "collectors item experiance" being at Wembley.

Apart from the discusting chanting and throwing of coins at Jamie ward i agree with your post compleatly. Well done:D

They are not fans Scott.

They're criminals who are allowed to keep doing their thing week in, week out.

It's a Government thing, not a Wednesday thing, or any other clubs' thing.

Bring back the birch, hanging, walking the plank, stoning ....... :hihi:

Not only am I proud of my teams fightback, and of them not resorting to all out 'hoof ball' and panicking during the derby, I'm proud of them all for the discipline they all showed. Lesser teams may have resorted to 'over eager' tackles, and maybe a loss of discipline. Only one player did anything remotely bad, and that was O'Connor. Still, not bad considering the position we found ourselves in at one stage.

I'm also proud of Brian Laws comments about the game, and also the reaction of the Wednesday fans.

Our manager didn't blame one refereeing decision, he didn't blame a lino, he didn't blame one particular player, he didn't moan about the numerous yellow cards given to the United players, no.........he blamed himself.

Most Owls have had a bit of banter, and overall, accepted the result, without trying to find some contentious thing they could perhaps try to blame the defeat on. No futile attempts at trying to claim a penalty that never was, or an offside that could have cost us. Mostly, no one has tried to blame a 'bit of shirt pulling', or a 'little shove on so and so'. Some claimed Relish fouled Buxton for the og, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I don't think Relish fouled him. Did any Owl blame the defeat on any spurious thing at all?

To a man (and woman) the Owls fans have blamed the awful defending in those crazy first half minutes.

Brian Laws, the Wednesday players, and all the Owls on this forum, I commend you! :thumbsup:

So you are being contentious by posting that some claimed Relish fouled him.

The evidence quite clearly shows Buxton with a fist full of hendo's shirt and pulling him towards him before Hendo gives him a nudge and then Buxton scores a cracking own goal.

A pint of Wards

A pie full of Hendersons Relish and then wash it down with a

bottle of Buxtons water.

you can write an essay like you have above trying to right a wrong but

end of the day it was BLADES 3 owls 2

And please stop going on about this hoofball stuff, for the 1st half we played the wonderful football while you hoofed it upfield from sheer panic because you were being totally dominated by a side that proved they can play football.

You lot need to let it go :hihi::hihi:

We beat you plain and simple mate :D

Great reply CB! :thumbsup:

Shame it has nothing whatsoever to do with what I originally posted.

You just can't let it lie.

You can read, but you just can't get what you read in to your brain properly, your brain turns things upside down.

I await the rest of the pack.

Are you all using the one pair of eyes again today?

"Brian Laws ..... Sheffield's No 1"

LOL, so he decided to blame himself last week,but what about the week before? and before that?

Brian Laws is just as bad as warnock, maybe even worse for the amount of excuses he makes up in match interviews.Sad thing for you is he's the only one silly enough to take the job on at swillsborough. but you commend him for blaming himself.lmao.

you also commend the wendys fans on here for taking defeat graciously,again I lmao.just check back at all the bitter owls comments and even threads started(ahem,,,,corkerswfc)on here,you will find a few.

So you can even complain and come up with rubbish because I posted that I was proud of my team, my manager, and our fans.

Do you realise how daft you look?

I'll leave you to it.

I'll return later to see if any other Blade has the guts to say, "you know Wiggy? ......... You're right".

I should get loads of plaudits, cause my original post is 100% correct.

Blades might fly.

lads- lets either comment on what his post is about or not post at all- yes we won but that had nothing to do with what he is trying to say.

If you want to take the mickey about the fact we won there are plenty of threads around where you can.

I'm also proud of Brian Laws comments about the game, and also the reaction of the Wednesday fans.

If all the people you commend are as passionate as you, mr strafford will not be worrying long about those 25,000 average gates.

Edited by alex3659

"Brian Laws ..... Sheffield's No 1"

so he decided to blame himself last week

better than blaming the players like blackwell...then making a statement saying he never criticises his players a few weeks later:loopy::hihi:

So passionate that even the season ticket holders didn't buy up the allocation and they went on general sale....

Keep losing at the rate they are and old strapon will be hoping for gates of 20,000