Oil leak on my vauxhall corsa

Well I've taken it to the garage and just found out whats causing the problem, its the oil pressure switch which was leaking, gonna cost £31 quid which isnt too bad, just hope nothing else goes wrong now (touch wood).

I was gonna say it was the oil pressure switch. Its' happened a couple of times on my corsa. A common fault i beleive.

Lets hope you didn’t cause any long-term damage when the oil light was flashing you should have stopped straight away.

The problems of vandalism and punctures could happen to any car, my son had a Corsa and my wife is on to her second Corsa, I don’t think you will go far wrong with Vauxhall.

well said! I have got a Corsa, and I wouldn't swap "her" for anything!

I went out yesterday and the oil light was flashing away and the engine was getting louder (
Hopefully that is the only problem but I wonder why the engine was getting louder, maybe you just imagined that as we sometimes do when there's another fault. :thumbsup:

Hello , New to the forum as it was the best place to get an answer. Ok yester day my corsa started leaking oil (ALOT) from the top/front of the engine along with the oil indicator light on..? From reading above it is the oil sensor thing. If this unit is replaced will it fix the problem? thanks in advance

Yes, apparently its common in corsas, its the oil pressure switch, get it done now, although doesnt guarantee it wont happen again, cos it did happen again, now have a Ford Ka which is so much better!

Yes, apparently its common in corsas, its the oil pressure switch, get it done now, !

Why would a sensor result in a leak surely it would just give a false reading.

I have a Vauxhall Corsa and my Pressure switch is constantly leaking oil, and i have already previously changed the switch twice. Only this time i have threaded the switch and cant get it off to replace it with a new one. Any advice?

Hello All - sorry to bring this thread up again but i've got a problem. The car is leaking oil from the top but the oil light isn't on, however the EM Light is. Any suggestions?

Why would a sensor result in a leak surely it would just give a false reading.

Because the sensor screws directly into one of the oil gallies. If the thread is damaged, then it will leak.

Hello All - sorry to bring this thread up again but i've got a problem. The car is leaking oil from the top but the oil light isn't on, however the EM Light is. Any suggestions?

Could be the rocker cover gasket, could be the head gasket.