Sheffields highest and lowest points above sea level???

Lodge Moor is way higher than Crosspool, cause we are on the snow line here.

Then Rininglow is higher still, so I would plump for The Hallam moors with possibally Stanedge pole being the highest ground.

Norton water tower looks like the flat lands from here :hihi:

A map will sort this one out anyhow, I'll have a look later if know one else does before then .

Staying closer to the city, Graves Park is 210M. It's 300M near Lodge Moor

Are there still people that don't know about Google Earth?

(or OS maps for that matter)

Stannington, Fulwood, Lodge Moor, Ecclesall, Dore are all much higher than Norton (up to 100 m higher). Various points in the Peak District but within Sheffield CC boundary are around the 500m mark. Meadowhall is down river of the Wicker so I'd go for that as the lowest point, though Retford Rd where it crosses the Rother into Rotherham is also pretty low (anywhere downstream on the Don or the Rother will be low of course).

Using my GIS with Ordnance Survey height data and the city boundary I calculate the highest and lowest points to be :

High Stones (out towards howden moors) at 548m

Blackburn meadows sewage works at 28m

We have to be carefull here that we are not picking areas that are not actually in Sheffield.

Of course the Moors all Moorsare going to be the highest point but most fall into Derbyshire.

High Bradfield is another high point which is in Sheffield to which High stones is well pass the Derbyshire boundry.

Lodge Moor is way higher than Crosspool, cause we are on the snow line here.

Then Rininglow is higher still, so I would plump for The Hallam moors with possibally Stanedge pole being the highest ground.

Norton water tower looks like the flat lands from here :hihi:

A map will sort this one out anyhow, I'll have a look later if know one else does before then .

Online facilities are:

Council Ward Boundaries

Ordnance Survey "Get-A-Map"

We have to be carefull here that we are not picking areas that are not actually in Sheffield.

Of course the Moors all Moorsare going to be the highest point but most fall into Derbyshire.

High Bradfield is another high point which is in Sheffield to which High stones is well pass the Derbyshire boundry.

It's Sheffield all the way from Bradfield and Langsett over to Howden reservoir. Margery Hill is 546m and in Sheffield according to OS map, Howden Moor, Broomhead Moor and Bradfield Moor are all Sheffield. Further down the reservoirs the border swings up across the hill toward Strines and Hollow Meadows.

High Stones is (just) within the sheffield boundary I use everyday (same as the one on the Council Ward Boundaries map linked in this thread).

Mr Rooker at Ecclesfield School told us there was nowt higher to the East than the top of Grenoside until you got to the Ural mountains !

Bolsterstone has got to be one of the highest points.

I always thought Manor Top was the highest point in Sheffield.

I always thought Manor Top was the highest point in Sheffield.

Manor Top is about 200m above sea level.

129 Oldfield Road around 230m above..........(!)