Help with Hermes couriers

I wonder why swans specifically attack arms then?

I always thought it was a myth until someone corrected me on a post. The bit on my sig is a hyperlink to his post, there may be more info on it.

My friend once had a duck fly into his gentleman's fun zone, but that's as much experience as I have with the subject.

Im guessing because your arms are up in defence, if they jumped you, so more likely to get hit + depends on the build of the man/woman an arm can be thin.As for your friend ,maybe the poor thing saw a maggot :D

Anyone having trouble with them call 0800478478 it's a free number for Next Customer services that not everyone knows about. Also like i've mentioned before if you post your problem on their Facebook wall they are really helpful

I had a parcel that was apparently delivered at 10.15pm on a friday night. The courier said it had been left behind my bins. No parcel. The parcel then arrived 1 week later, after i had already received a refund.

try this number 01709 830727, direct number to Rotherham depot ;-))

Is it Hermes the company where its self empoyed couriers get less than the minimum wage, its likely that is the only way they can compete to deliver so cheaply, though Hermes have been good with me.

Im in Aston and our local Hermes courier is great, if you're not in she leaves you a card with her number and delivers next day unless you tell her otherwise. Seems the service is dependant on which delivery person you get !

My regular Hermes courier is brilliant, reliable and friendly, goes out of his way to deliver early morning if it has to be signed for and rings in advance to check we are home but I ordered something from freemans and was told it was with Hermes 10th January and on it's way to me, (not my usual courier though, item wouldve been too big) and hasn't been seen or heard of since and I wouldn't mind but how do you lose a bl88dy great treadmill?

Terrible, terrible company. :gag:

1 out of 5 parcels they've supposed to deliver to me has ever arrived - and that was thrown over a 6' gate and left broken and soggy.

They also have a policy of not speaking to customers - they'll only deal with retailers.

I now boycott all retailers who use them and would advise everyone else to do the same.

Stick with the proper courier companies like DHL.

Thanks all, I'll try the numbers in my lunch break.

I got home last night and had actually been carded, but the card din't have the courier's phone number filled in, *despite having a space for it*.

Grrrr :rant::rant:

totally agree! absolute dire!! ordered something from debenhams before xmas and they use hermes....12 days later it came.....say no more!!

I work as a self employed courier for Herpes and the grief we are taking on here is bang out of order :loopy:

We are paid as little as 50p per parcel minus fuel which we pay for ourselves!!

All this banging on about ordering by a certain date and still not arrived is not the couriers fault, it could be the company your using (using us as a convieniant excuse) or Herpes themselves, we as couriers do our level best to provide a satisfactory service to our customers and still make a small profit if possible :(

As for the driver leaving a contact number we DO NOT have to, even though i do it is at the disgresion of each courier.

Please think before you blame, would you try delivering a parcel 3 times for only 50p :huh: , overall me personally have a great relationship with my customers and get on great but don't tie us all with the same muck :rant:

I work as a self employed courier for Herpes and the grief we are taking on here is bang out of order :loopy:

We are paid as little as 50p per parcel minus fuel which we pay for ourselves!!

All this banging on about ordering by a certain date and still not arrived is not the couriers fault, it could be the company your using (using us as a convieniant excuse) or Herpes themselves, we as couriers do our level best to provide a satisfactory service to our customers and still make a small profit if possible :(

As for the driver leaving a contact number we DO NOT have to, even though i do it is at the disgresion of each courier.

Please think before you blame, would you try delivering a parcel 3 times for only 50p :huh: , overall me personally have a great relationship with my customers and get on great but don't tie us all with the same muck :rant:

I fully accept that it is not your fault when you receive the parcel from the supplier and in this instnace, given the statuses in my original post, I think Next have been playing silly buggers in getting it dispatched (not that the Hermes website is entirely clear about what's going on).

I further don't really mind how long the thing takes to arrive, provided that I can arrange a time to be in for it. There is absolutely no benefit to you, the courier or me, the customer just repeatedly trying to deliver and then sending the thing back.

Your "sorry you were out" card has a space for the courier to write their phone number so I can arrange to be in when you try and redeliver. It also has a space IIRC for the courier to suggest when they will try to redeliver (even just saying Friday PM would be of use). To not supply either of these vital pieces of information, and to deliberately not take queries centrally either by the website or phone is shoddy service as it just dooms most delivery attempts to failure. Why would you, as a courier, choose to waste your own time (and presumably risk the payout you get) by doing this? It's nonsensical. I wouldn't even mind meeting the courier somehwere or going to pick the thing up, but I can't speak to anyone to arrange it.

Now I fully appreciate that there are posts on here that suggest that some of the couriers are extremely helpful in when they arrange to deliver, and how they contact the customer. I would imagine that because you have made an effort to add to this thread that you are one of the better ones.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable in expecting basic communication here.