Waitrose group interview

I have a group interview for waitrose on saturday. I'm realy nervous and don't know what to wear as i don't know if its informal or what. also, has anyone ever done one of these interviews before and have you got any tips??

thanks!

the john lewis partnership are NEVER informal ;)

if you don't have a suitable suit, a formal skirt/trousers with a well pressed shirt are essential (in my opinion as an ex-employee of one of their department stores ;) )

PS - polish your shoes too, and make sure your hair is well groomed

Whatever interview, always wear formal.

They are looking to see that you can work within a team. You might have to do a silly task like building the tallest tower you can from newspapers. Make sure you take an active role in the task. Don't dominate. Make sure you ask opinions from others and incorporate ideas. Use phrases like 'that's good', 'we ...'. Avoid 'I want to ...' as that is not a team player. Keep the group together and functioning right to the end. Remember to smile and use eye contact when talking to people.

The individual interview will need you to have some opinions. The questions are not usually difficult but I agree with the above that you do need to look very clean. Take care with finger nails and an ironed shirt and clean suit is essential.

It's an interview to see how well you mingle with people. Always smile, make good eye conatct and show that you are interested and taking an active role in the activities. There's no need to be nervous, you might enjoy it!!

What is the actual job out of interest?

I bite my fingernails, that won't help much will it!

just remember there is no ''I'' in team

take a packet of polos and offer them to others in the gorup as you mingle - shows you are easy apporaching other people, plus it breaks the ice

I went, and wore a suit to find that it was formal so that was good (all though there was a Persian guy that wore a tracksuit). Went really well, They made us play this weird bingo game to "break the ice". then we had to do a little presentation to the group about, what we'd done for the past 18 months, what we are proud of, what we want to do with our life and our hobbies. They then gave us a mystery object (we got an egg slicer) and we had to do a selling pitch to the rest of the group.

Went well and thanks everyone for the advice :)