Rights when suspended from work

He should contact work immediately and ask for copies of both the Grievance and Disciplinary Procedures.

Look through the latter with a fine tooth comb and see if the company has followed them to the letter. If they haven't point out their mistakes and tell them that an Industrial Tribunal appeal may well result.

This happened to a colleague of mine at an old employer and he just resigned and went somewhere else.

The employer in this case may well have the wrong information from this other guy and they may also have a suspension policy which could be regarded as unfair by ACAS or similar. They may even be breaking the law on the contract side of things and its completely understandable that you and your boyfriend would be really angry about this but can you really imagine him going back to work there? Would this other guy not just do this again?

Also I do think the company should immediately suspend anyone reported to them as having abused a person in their care. Its the only way to protect the clients.

However, it should not take 3 weeks to interview those involved and come to some kind of decision.

Personally I kind of agree with the advice to resign and look for something else.

You are entitled by law to a statement of employmet (contract) setting out T&C after 13 weeks, as far as I am aware you are entitled to full pay while under suspension if they are investigating an issue, however if they have already said they are going to a disciplinary and they have made an alegation against your parner then the rules change. what union are you with because although you may not be entitled to legal help because of the time rules most reps will still give on sight representation. I know that Unison have reduced there time rule from 13 weeks to 4 weeks.