How much does it cost for a new roof?

We had our midterraced house roof done 3 yrs ago by Martin Brooks roofers for about 4 grand including velux window. Overall very impressed with quality of work (which is probably why they are not the cheapest, but they were also a grand less than our other quote so not the most expensive either!). That price was reusing any good existing slates and using reclaimed slates for the rest. Real slate lasts many years so this is a good option if you want to save a bit of money whilst retaining character of the house. It's also guaranteed for either 10 or 15 years, can't remember which. Hope this helps.

Hi we are having a loft conversion, and we want to replace our roof at the front of the house. At the moment we have a tiled roof, but it is very old. Our house is a mid-terrace. For the extension we are having slate roof.

We have been told that our present roof will last for another 10 years. To change the roof, which is just half of the house, we have been quoted 2.8 grand. Is this a reasonable quote?

depending the size & type of slate wats actually going 2 be salvage able & re used. we do give a free est we would have 2 c wat work is involved 2 be honest .sounds a little steep when we do a full re roof 4 around £3.200 all inc if u req any further assistance contact joe on 07753827135

Has your semi got a hipped roof or pitched roof. If it is hipped there are a lot more tiles to repalce. This could be where the extra cost is coming from.

Hi all. We're looking at buying a house in Sheffield, but we're pretty sure it will need the slate roof redoing, though much of the slate looks like it could be reusable.

It's a small 2 bed mid-terrace, but with potential difficulty in that it is on a main road, and the pavement looks (to my inexpert eye!) so narrow that the scaffolding would potentially have to be on the road, and also whilst it is only 2 storey at the front of the house it is 4 storeys at the back...

Anybody able to give us a rough ballpark of how much we'd be looking at? Place needs mostly replastering too, so trying to put our costs together!!

hi we are on a re roof at the min its a quite large end terrace plus bathroom exstension and we charged 3,300 in eternit slates please contact us if anyone wishes for a free quote and advice thanks 01142202374/07966403263

http://roofinginsheffield.net

hi am john ballantyne from jtb roof and build you should be looking arond the £ 3700 for a semi in eternit thrutones give me a call be more than happy to come and give you a quotation many thanks john 07791326848

Hi I need a reroof on a terraced I am buying, would appreciate any recommendations, I have had a quote for £5.5K for slate or £4.5K for man made tiles, seems a little excessive! cheers

hi monty am john from jtb roof and build you should be looking around £3000 for man made tiles and slate £4000 for a standard terrace and 5 days work more than happy to give you a quotation call me on 07791326848 thanks john

hi monty am john from jtb roof and build you should be looking around £3000 for man made tiles and slate £4000 for a standard terrace and 5 days work more than happy to give you a quotation call me on 07791326848 thanks john

Monty's post was in November 2006!!!!

Check the dates (left hand side).

if any one wanting info on roofs contact me more than wiiling 2 hlp

Hi there wondered if you could help ??? I have a single storey extension with a sloping roof with Concrete tiles during the recent rain i have noticed that water is dripping from inside the Facia which is under the gutter it appears that the wter is some how getting under the tiles and running down the felt and into the facia however you can not see the felt under the tiles or near the facia I have only noticed it as it is dripping down my french doors

Any help ??????

Cheers

Phil

Small 15ft x 10ft single storey extention with two velux windows May need re felt and tiles re laying Any idea on cost ????????

Hi Phil Sheff,

If the pitch of your roof is to low, water will track under the tiles, run on the underfelt and come out onto your fascia boards/soffitt board.

You could either fit new tiles that would cope with the pitch, or to board with plywood, counterbatten and refix the tiles.