Help to repair corrupted 16GB MicroSD card

Hello,

I have a Blackberry 8520, and today (28/08/12) my 16gb memory card stopped working. It had been working all day until dropped my phone and battery fell out but card stayed in place.

When i turned my phone back on it said to format it, So i tried and it said "format failed".

I tried through computer, and that also said "format failed".

I've been in the options of the phone, and pressed the 'repair' option in the menu and that didn't work either...

It shows 40mb in the options menu, so that means it know something's on it, but it just wont repair or format...

I've put a 2gb in it and it works perfectly for that...

So i guess its corrupted but how to fix it??

But i got the 16gb card for a reason and i want to know if there is anyway i can fix it, or do i have to get a new one?

PLEASE HELP ASAP!

Would be very much appreciated!!!

That's what i was afraid of. I only got the card the other day as well, first time of using it and it breaks!

That's what i was afraid of. I only got the card the other day as well, first time of using it and it breaks!

Be fair..it prbably broke because you dropped your phone.. :)

Strangely enough I've had exactly the same problem on both an 8520 and 9320 Blackberry. My 16gb micro sd will not format on my laptop but formats on my Blackberry 9320 the when I try to add to the card on my Blackberry it fails and asks to re format the card, then locks up! I bought the 16gb card on ebay a couple of weeks ago. The 2gb micro sd works fine? Its it something to do with the 16gb cards I wonder?

I just thought of chucking it away and buying another but if its a common problem with 16gb micro sd cards I'll not bother?

Be fair..it prbably broke because you dropped your phone.. :)

Yeah, more that likely but it still annoyed me a little bit. Haha

that 16gb memory card cost me a fortune... I can't afford to replace it... maybe i should just get an 8gb ipod... Do you know anyone selling one?

that 16gb memory card cost me a fortune... I can't afford to replace it... maybe i should just get an 8gb ipod... Do you know anyone selling one?

I paid £5.45 for my 16gb card complete with sd adapter. Cheap, but if it doesn't work, a complete waste of money!

Take it back then!

For the record, NEVER buy memory cards off eBay or Amazon (unless it specifically says Sold by Amazon) - there are far too many fakes on those sites.

It might be the BB that's at fault, have you put your card directly into a card reader on a PC or laptop and tried reading it that way?

Memory cards are so cheap now. I always get mine from www.mymemory.co.uk and have never had a problem. Free postage and can pay using paypal

Agreed, that is also one my favourite places to buy memory cards.