2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Hi, I need qualified gas fitter to swap my gas hob for a new one. Any recommendations?

Cheers

hi all , my electric shower has decided that it doesn't want to give us hot water anymore stupid question but do i need a plumber or a electrician to look at this either repair /replace if so anyone know anyone who can do this for us

I have had Lee Rogers, Handyman to my house twice now and each time responded very quickly and he did a string of jobs for me. Nothing was too difficult. I am definitely keeping his contact details safe as I would use him again. I also highly recommend him as professional, competent, friendly and fair.

anyone recommend a builder to convert our internal garage?

details can be found in my thread in the property and housing section

thanks

Hi all, I'm looking for a tradesman to do some work on my attic bedroom insulation. I got a new roof installed and was assured that the works didn't need to be signed off by building control, turns out that was a lie and now I've got to get the insulation brought up to spec and the original contractors have scarpered. I need to find someone trustworthy with a good head on their shoulders who will be ok liaising with building control to make sure it passes first time. Any recommendations?

Cheers,

John

Hi, we're looking for quotes for the following jobs

1 look at some areas of our kitchen ceiling that has suffered water damage from the bathroom above. Unsure if it just a repair job or more.

2, replace laminate floor in the kitchen. Also has water damage.

Any recommendations please?

Thanks

Edited by cjt2

Hi all, I'm looking for a tradesman to do some work on my attic bedroom insulation. I got a new roof installed and was assured that the works didn't need to be signed off by building control, turns out that was a lie and now I've got to get the insulation brought up to spec and the original contractors have scarpered. I need to find someone trustworthy with a good head on their shoulders who will be ok liaising with building control to make sure it passes first time. Any recommendations?

Cheers,

John

Wow, youve got a job on your hands there.

You'll need to drop all the ceilings, fit new insulation then replaster & decorate.

Sorry you got bent over by cowboys.

Wow, youve got a job on your hands there.

You'll need to drop all the ceilings, fit new insulation then replaster & decorate.

Sorry you got bent over by cowboys.

Could you please say why ceilings have to come down to put insulation in - replaster etc are you trying to scare people a load of rubbish :hihi::hihi::hihi: Ceilings have nothing to do with roof

Edited by spider1

e to

Could you please say why ceilings have to come down to put insulation in - replaster etc are you trying to scare people a load of rubbish :hihi::hihi::hihi:

You obviously have no idea what's required to meet current building regs.

If your interested I'll give you a clue where to look. Part L.

You obviously have no idea what's required to meet current building regs.

If your interested I'll give you a clue where to look. Part L.

Dont try and and blind forum users with science especially trades,

Pulling ceilings down is wrong advice it would cause unimaginable mess.

Better to scaffold and take roof off and insulate/ retile and do the job properly than start bodging, .

If you caught the cowboys and it came to a couirt case they would not be held responsible for pulling ceilings down etc, Cost more than taking roof off,

Youre quiet right i am not a roofer but have a bit off common sence .

My advice would be get inspector out see what he wants and is there any way round this mess // If he says he wants roof of so be it dont bodge :hihi::hihi: You must have some way of tracing these cowboys so do it as this is major and they must be stopped

Edited by spider1

In not blinding anyone with science I'm quoting the correct building regulation applicable.

I suppose we're both right.

The two options are -

Drop the ceilings and instal the insulation that way.

Pay for another scaffolding, remove the new slates or tiles, all lathe & felt. Insulate then re felt, lathe & slate/tile. Although that option would be more expensive.

In not blinding anyone with science I'm quoting the correct building regulation applicable.

I suppose we're both right.

The two options are -

Drop the ceilings and instal the insulation that way.

Pay for another scaffolding, remove the new slates or tiles, all lathe & felt. Insulate then re felt, lathe & slate/tile. Although that option would be more expensive.

Have you ever dropped ceilings horrendous no way ..

Go down that route and you let the cowboys off if and when they are caught.

There has got to be some trace on them .

Would it be possible to get insulation up through hatch even if it took a lot longer but i guess not . :hihi:

I personally would do nothing from inside and devote my time finding the cowboys lets get it stopped they did the job cheap pull it off and start again do it right or everybode y will be bodging :hihi: He took cheap so he will have to learn hardway :hihi: take one side off you should be able to get in through roof to do other side

Edited by spider1