Sheffield Property Shop

Hsa anyone tried to use the Sheffield City Councils Property Shop web site?Ive tried and tried and tried and tried.All to no avail.

One of the staff even rang me and went throught the log in procedure and still nothing.

What a useful way of finding alternative/new accomodation in the comfort of your own home....or so i thought.

Has anyone else experienced problems or is it just me?

Looks like i'll be living here a while longer eh??

Its working now:D

Ive been biddin for a while and put quite a few bids in im unlucky aswell

its a good idea if the sites workin rite i find it jumps pages then u lose what u av looked at and have to start from the begining again (anoying) but still putting bids in

mite get lucky this week i hope

Ange

ps

i also think they should have an exchange board as there r so many ppls wanting to exchange

we cud have an exchange board on this board if every 1 thinks its a good idea

i think that would be a great idea.

I have tried again to get onto the site,wont even let me log in now just brings up pages of text(gobbledegook)then says search error even though ive not searched for anything-very annoying!

im still avin probs with it just like u said its a waste of time sometimes

its better 2go to the shop its self and bid while ur there

The site is AWFULL butt I've been into the property shop a few times and staff there are fab and couldn't be more helpfull :)

load of rubbish, and yes i think they should put exchanges on the net as well. dont always get time to go into the shop, work odd hours in my job. oh well i,ll try again later.

I don't necessarily agree with exchanges being on the site.

I personally don't think it would be acceptable to publish personal contact details on the net. think of the minefield of the Data Protection Act, and the logistics of getting the permission of the advertisers to publish details like phone numbers on the net etc...?

I'm thinking of the risk to the eldeerly, disabled, single women, and other vulnerable people having their contact details on the net, for all the world to see.

OK, plenty of folk advertise in things like the free ads paper. BUT! When they submit their advert, they are agreeing to their contact details being published... they have weighed up the risks, and deemed them acceptable. on the net, you haven't given that agreement, whether tacit or implicit.