Hillsborough Car Park - parking ticket

I have just received a Parking Fine for leaving my car 20min in the 'Urban & Rural Estates' parking permit area at Hillsborough Shopping Centre. Apparently this part of the car park which joins the public one, is managed by a camera. I did not notice the sign which distinguishes the two car parks and consequently I have received a demand for £80, £50 if I pay within 4 days.According to the fine notice from a firm called 'Parking Eye' I am only allowed 15min and I had been there 20. It is quite a threatening demand notice and I was wondering if anybody else had received a similar demand and successfully challenged it? Do I just ingnore it?

You'll find a lot of people suggest ignoring them as, although they'll get increasingly aggressive in tone, the notices are widely believed to be unenforceable.

I had one back in may from g24 at mhall retail park and they sent me a few aggressive letters but i just ignored them and i havent heard anything for a while now :)

if people cant notice a sign, then how can they notice a small child or be safe at driving.......................

if people cant notice a sign, then how can they notice a small child or be safe at driving.......................

What child would this be, one of the borrowers.

I have just received a Parking Fine for leaving my car 20min in the 'Urban & Rural Estates' parking permit area at Hillsborough Shopping Centre. Apparently this part of the car park which joins the public one, is managed by a camera.

What public one? all of the precinct is private parking.

What child would this be, one of the borrowers.

im just amazed at the amount of people saying i never noticed a sign..........so if they cant notice a sign, should they be driving?

im just amazed at the amount of people saying i never noticed a sign..........so if they cant notice a sign, should they be driving?

To be fair, can you be certain that you have noticed every sign which has appeared 8 feet up a lamp post which could be in any area of the car park?

It's one thing saying this to people who have missed signs which are meant to be read from a moving vehicle and which are of a regulation size, but it's a completely different thing saying it to people on car parks when some of the car park operators include very small signs and make them deliberately hard to notice.

To be fair, can you be certain that you have noticed every sign which has appeared 8 feet up a lamp post which could be in any area of the car park?

It's one thing saying this to people who have missed signs which are meant to be read from a moving vehicle and which are of a regulation size, but it's a completely different thing saying it to people on car parks when some of the car park operators include very small signs and make them deliberately hard to notice.

yes i have, its the first thing i look for when i park my car.

Car park operators have to have a sign a certain size and close to the entrance, so no excuse.....