Secondary catchment areas map?

I'm looking into moving house quite shortly and need the new house to be in a decent catchment area. I'm finding it very difficult to search on rightmove etc as I can't find any information to show how the catchment area borders lie.

So far all I can come up with is going to the council website here and checking each house one by one (it doesn't work half the time anyway).

https://eduplugins.sheffield.gov.uk/schools/catchments.aspx

Does anyone know a better way? For example catchment area maps?

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking into moving house quite shortly and need the new house to be in a decent catchment area. I'm finding it very difficult to search on rightmove etc as I can't find any information to show how the catchment area borders lie.

So far all I can come up with is going to the council website here and checking each house one by one (it doesn't work half the time anyway).

https://eduplugins.sheffield.gov.uk/schools/catchments.aspx

Does anyone know a better way? For example catchment area maps?

Thanks in advance.

I think you will find the areas are fluid and will alter from time to time.Why not claim that you are moving to say Whirlowdale Road and phone the local schoold to detrmine whether they will accept you-employ a little subtefuge/deceit.

I'm not entirely sure that living in the catchment area is a gaurantee that you will obtain a place at your desired school. The criteria often changes. It would be prudent to check with the Local Authority.

I think you will find the areas are fluid and will alter from time to time.
They're very definitely not fluid or changed from time to time, as there's always uproar when the council stubbonly refuses to change catchment areas.

The map here shows Sheffield's catchment areas, you have to select each cluster to show the individual maps, and unfortunately, they are outline maps. I can dig through my old council papers and see if I can find my propery catchment street map.

It rather depends what you regard as being important when looking for a school.

For example, I would rather cut off one of my fingers than have my children go to some of the stuck-up schools in S10!

Guest sibon
It rather depends what you regard as being important when looking for a school.

For example, I would rather cut off one of my fingers than have my children go to some of the stuck-up schools in S10!

There are considerably more people who would give you a digit, or a limb to get their kids into those schools.

Maybe you should start a website to swap appendages.

They're very definitely not fluid or changed from time to time, as there's always uproar when the council stubbonly refuses to change catchment areas.

The map here shows Sheffield's catchment areas, you have to select each cluster to show the individual maps, and unfortunately, they are outline maps. I can dig through my old council papers and see if I can find my propery catchment street map.

How do they respond to demographic shifts and to the fact that many schools are oversubscribed even if they only take those in their catchment.

The maps are based on feeder schools but make no clear reference ro agiven street or postcode making them a bit nebulous for those on the margins.What about city centre residents?

I don't think where you live counts anymore for schools in the area. Silverdale I think, ships kids in from across the city. I know someone who lives in the Beauchief area, Abbey Lane would be the nearest school yet her son has to go to Bradway. She has a car, but it would be a nightmare to get there if she didn't drive

Thank you jgharston, that is really helpful. Even though they are outline maps it is easy enough to search rightmove by primary school. I will be bookmarking that page!

The only thing to bear in mind is that since 2004 some of the schools are no longer open. In Cluster I for example Abbeydale Grange secondary is no longer open, so the feeder schools would now feed somewhere else. There have been a few other changes, but I dont know them all to list.

I would have thought that you'd be able to get this information from the council?