Gumtree scammer!

Yesterday i advertised my old phone on Gumtree, within minutes i had a reply from a man who told me he lived in London but wanted the phone sending to Nigeria for a present for his "nephew" and that he would pay me for the phone plus an extra £40 for postage directly into my bank account. This had me thinking so i gave him my old account number and sort code as i knew nothing could happen to that account (i know he was trying to scam me i just wanted to see what he would do next)... Within 5 minutes i received 2 emails from "The bank of America" which was very convincing and all headed as you would expect- one saying i had 2 days to post items listed and they would release the payment as soon as i provided a tracking number for the item. The second email was telling me i would be arrested if i didn't send them the tracking number within 6hours. The shipping address was as follows

Name: JOHN SMITH

Address:Block 1 flat 6 RABIATU THOMPSON CRESCENT ,

City: Surulere

State:Lagos

Zip Code:23401

1Hour later i received yet another email from "OSCAR JONES" asking if i'd posted my item, to which i replied "No, i do not intend to post any items until the money is in my account" he soon turned nasty saying what he would do and what he wouldn't do if i didn't send the mobile straight away and using racist comments towards me :loopy: !! i had already reported him to Gumtree and to the actual bank he said had sent the funds... and i looked on Google at the address he provided and this scam has been going on for a while, they send you fake receipts and bank transfer notices so you post the items (again the bank transfer i received looked like the real thing)

I just want people to be aware of the low lives and what they are trying to do as i have read that 100's of people have fallen for it! Lucky for me i'm not that daft lol.

i had this on gumtree last year i also did not post the item and reported it to paypal and gumtree you ed have to be stupid to fall for this scam yes the emails look real but if you log in to your bank online or paypal its plain to see the cash as not been sent to you

Yesterday i advertised my old phone on Gumtree, within minutes i had a reply from a man who told me he lived in London but wanted the phone sending to Nigeria for a present for his "nephew" and that he would pay me for the phone plus an extra £40 for postage directly into my bank account. This had me thinking so i gave him my old account number and sort code as i knew nothing could happen to that account (i know he was trying to scam me i just wanted to see what he would do next)... Within 5 minutes i received 2 emails from "The bank of America" which was very convincing and all headed as you would expect- one saying i had 2 days to post items listed and they would release the payment as soon as i provided a tracking number for the item. The second email was telling me i would be arrested if i didn't send them the tracking number within 6hours. The shipping address was as follows

Name: JOHN SMITH

Address:Block 1 flat 6 RABIATU THOMPSON CRESCENT ,

City: Surulere

State:Lagos

Zip Code:23401

1Hour later i received yet another email from "OSCAR JONES" asking if i'd posted my item, to which i replied "No, i do not intend to post any items until the money is in my account" he soon turned nasty saying what he would do and what he wouldn't do if i didn't send the mobile straight away and using racist comments towards me :loopy: !! i had already reported him to Gumtree and to the actual bank he said had sent the funds... and i looked on Google at the address he provided and this scam has been going on for a while, they send you fake receipts and bank transfer notices so you post the items (again the bank transfer i received looked like the real thing)

I just want people to be aware of the low lives and what they are trying to do as i have read that 100's of people have fallen for it! Lucky for me i'm not that daft lol.

Post him some poo

Post him some poo

Where is the 'LIKE' button? :D

Oh no.

So the $24m promised from a Ugandan fella with a similar name won't be going into my account then?

Gosh, I was SO convinced....

It must be terrible being a genuine Nigerian businessman! Surely there must be one somewhere?

Do people still actually fall for these? I thought they would have given it up as a bad job by now!

I was once selling some football boots on ebay, I think they were on from £4.99.

I got a message from a guy saying hed pay me £250 for them if Id send them to Nigeria!

I declined his kind offer :)

Post him some poo

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:I did that once :hihi::hihi: I was feeling rather Bitchy that day

Tell him to pay for the courier charge himself and you'll do the deal. Send a brick.

It is a sad thing but yes people do fall for this sort of thing.My nannan did :-(

The Ad Reads " iPhone £225. Buy 3 for £600" - Do the alarm bells ring? Think so - Have people fallen for this? the answer is - YES - will they get their money back after giving the seller their bank details? The old saying "If it looks to good to be true then it is."

Can you get your money back if you have been scammed? Gumtree take NO responsibility for ANY monitary transactions - Read their T & C.