How will the Trump presidency affect BREXIT ?

Personally I cannot believe that just when a narcissistic populist, who got the Presidency by promising to protect US jobs by introducing tariffs, is coming to power, the UK is, probably, leaving the biggest free trade area in the world. And there`s more, Trump has consistently said he`d cut back on the US involvement in NATO. During the Referendum campaign the Leave lobby were saying our security is based on NATO, not the EU. So what happens now ?

It won't affect it and I think some people need to stop making prediction because they keep being wrong.

It won't affect it and I think some people need to stop making prediction because they keep being wrong.

What, like the prediction we could spend another £350 million a week on the NHS if we left the EU. Yes, you`re right, maybe people shouldn`t make predictions, particularly if they may affect the result of an important referendum. The latter having, in my opinion, an effect on the US presidency, which has resulted in us having a narcissistic egotistical populist as head of the most powerful country in the world.

One minor positive of Trump`s election. After the EU Referendum I no longer regarded the US electorate as the stupidest in the world, but know, I can tell you all, they have resumed their crown.

So Brexit, and now Trump.

In both cases it is/was reported we were all apparently shocked, not going to vote them in and none of us can believe the outcome. Yet the majority of the UK and US populations have voted in this way.

Do you ever get the impression the press just has way too much sway these days in saying whatever they like? Either that or they no longer have their fingers on the right pulse of the public...

Trump said that the UK would get a trade deal with the US before the EU (in contrast to Obama's warning that we would be at the back of the queue).

Don't get me wrong, I did not want Trump to win, but every cloud..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37594928

How will the Trump presidency affect BREXIT ?

Answer - The UK will be at the front of the queue.

Bye bye Obama.

Trump said that the UK would get a trade deal with the US before the EU (in contrast to Obama's warning that we would be at the back of the queue).

Don't get me wrong, I did not want Trump to win, but every cloud..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37594928

Trump wants to end big trade deal like TTIP and form trade deals country by country.

Trump wants to end big trade deal like TTIP and form trade deals country by country.

^^^On a pretty dark day this is the only ray of sunshine.

What, like the prediction we could spend another £350 million a week on the NHS if we left the EU. Yes, you`re right, maybe people shouldn`t make predictions, particularly if they may affect the result of an important referendum. The latter having, in my opinion, an effect on the US presidency, which has resulted in us having a narcissistic egotistical populist as head of the most powerful country in the world.

One minor positive of Trump`s election. After the EU Referendum I no longer regarded the US electorate as the stupidest in the world, but know, I can tell you all, they have resumed their crown.

My bold=

Give it a rest now as the same line over and over is getting boring now.

I see you don't bring up the lies that the remain side told, you remainers need to look in the mirror= http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/matthew-ellery/leave-lies-remainers-need_b_12191462.html :rolleyes:

OMG he only won the populist vote by around 1%, that less than brexit, some on here will be calling for a re run. Oh its in American and they already seem to be accepting it

Personally I cannot believe that just when a narcissistic populist, who got the Presidency by promising to protect US jobs by introducing tariffs, is coming to power, the UK is, probably, leaving the biggest free trade area in the world. And there`s more, Trump has consistently said he`d cut back on the US involvement in NATO. During the Referendum campaign the Leave lobby were saying our security is based on NATO, not the EU. So what happens now ?

Oh dear Another whining thread about the same old same old.

Conservatives in power

Labour Party appoint an unelectable leader

UK votes to leave the EU

Trump becomes US President.

All done through the democratic process.

Some must think their birthdays have all come at once because they have so much to moan about.

Perhaps you need to push for an inquiry into the US elections now.

Edited by lizmachin

Oh dear Another whining thread about the same old same old.

Conservatives in power

Labour Party appoint an unelectable leader

UK votes to leave the EU

Trump becomes US President.

All done through the democratic process.

Some must think their birthdays have all come at once because they have so much to moan about.

Perhaps you need to push for an inquiry into the US elections now.

Perhaps, they should move to America and teach those anti Trump voters, who are unhappy with the democratic decision, how to moan and complain.