How can I report a puppy farm?

I wasn't commenting on forum rules, I was replying to the idea of being 'done' for stating something truthful. People take advice given on here seriously, so it's better that it accurately reflect the law rather than someone's vague ideas about slander.

Thanks for all the information, I don't actually live in Sheffield any more but I can't seem to leave this forum alone so I still visit, I'm down south now and this "lady" is even further down south, we brought the dog in good faith that they were a certain breed and now she's a bit older we can see she is different to what was advertised and that her brother was obviously a different type of this breed too.

Regardless she's our girl and we're keeping her, never been any doubt about that!

I'm not going to name and shame, I wouldn't bring that type of business to the forum as it's not fair for you to get brought into this silly mess.

The breed we went for isn't kennel club registered so we stuck with finding pups online, we searched through so many different adverts and hers seemed so genuine and looked like a decent person so we went along with it.

I'm not going to let this lye, I'm going to cause a big fuss for her because quite frankly she deserves it, she's lied and caused a lot of heartache to us and even worst, a lot of suffering to 2 innocent little dogs with her lies so we're take it up with her local council and animal welfare because if she can do this she clearly isn't in the business for anything other than money. We gave her so many chances to tell the truth and it would of saved his little life yet she lied and lied and she's been caught out and I'm not prepared to let that go.

She did advertise them fraudulently as she claimed her vet advised her on certain things yet, speaking to 3 other vets they said it wouldn't of happened and she advertised them as being vet checked, wormed and a certain age, yet our poor little man died from such a huge problem for such a little dog and the vet confirmed they were also a few weeks younger than she said they were so we are going to trading standards too because of that reason, We are angry and we are hurt and not prepared to let this go so easily, it's more for the fact that say a family with young kids got a pup from her, if they had the same problem it would be so heartbreaking, luckily we are all older and realize about dogs and death etc so although its hard we know it's happened and we cant change that but to think of others going through the same thing that we have, I cant just let that go without a fight.

maybe I'm dragging it on for a silly reason but in my head and heart it feels like I'm doing it for a reason so I'm sticking with it.

It's not silly trying to prevent this sort of thing happening to other poor pup's so keep it up an see what you can do to stop it. If there is any thing i could do to help i would.

I wasn't commenting on forum rules, I was replying to the idea of being 'done' for stating something truthful. People take advice given on here seriously, so it's better that it accurately reflect the law rather than someone's vague ideas about slander.

Slander, Libel = same thing but 1 is written, one is verbal.

Someone who isn't trolling would have left it alone.

This thread is about dog farms, not for jumping on people who make a mistake in terminology...... there is a WHOLE section on the forum for that - look under 'I'm Bored'

Good for you keep trying and i hope you get some where there are so many puppies out there that come from puppy farms people still need educating about them and hopefully in time more can be stopped keep up the good work in trying to stop these people. I visited a kennels in Lincoln and looked round it was a puppy farm as they had 9/10 different breeds and would shoe people the mothers but i dont think they were the place was clean but the adult dogs were very scared and wouldnt come for a fuss there were lots of male dogs in small spaces on there own you could see they weren't bothered who the pups went to just as long as they had the money.

It's not clear how much of her personal circumstances you are aware of but you could also consider reporting her to the DWP and Inland Revenue as it could be a source of income that she's not declaring. Trading Standards would probably look at that though.

I'm sorry to hear you've had such an awful experience. She's obviously a vile person that thinks nothing of animal welfare.

Thank you for the offers of help, they are much appreciated but just incase this does come back on me I would rather do this alone and not risk having anyone else involve but all the advice given here is being noted and I'm definitely taking this further, I didn't think of reporting to inland revenue, I will check that out because I cant see her declaring this.

When we called she sounded so knowledgeable about the dogs, she had them in her house with the "mum" and she said they were older and sent them away with instructions that they eat meat and biscuits but when they got home they could only just manage a bit of the meat and only if we mashed it down extremely well, it's the fact she lied and he could still be alive and I will never forgive her for that and I feel like doing this will fight the battle he lost.

I figured going through to official sources would hit her harder than doing the whole slandering her online because she could turn that against us and then nothing would get solved, as much and I would love to name and shame and everything I think it would make us as bad as her in a way.

This just brings alive to everyone about puppy farms. I genuinely believe that the general public don't realise the conditions that these poor animals have to go through.

Yet again, on the front page of the Admag was a huge advert about a certain place that manages to sell lots of pedigree puppies to the unsuspecting public. People are constantly advised to see the mum when they buy a puppy - but don't realise that when they see these little dogs in a West Yorkshire shop - just where mummy is.

I am the same. I have previously bought 2 puppies (before I got into animal welfare and realised the hell hole behind so much breeding), without seeing the mum. It was cleverly done, so that I didn't actually realise I was being lied to - both were from so called 'reputable' breeders. One of them was actually the secretary for the Bullmastiff Society - yet still I fell for it.

Money = Greed = suffering

Good on you for pursuing it. Some little bitch somewhere will thank you for it.

Slander, Libel = same thing but 1 is written, one is verbal.

Someone who isn't trolling would have left it alone.

This thread is about dog farms, not for jumping on people who make a mistake in terminology...... there is a WHOLE section on the forum for that - look under 'I'm Bored'

So that would be different things.

It's not trolling to point out that the absolute defence for both is the truth, I wasn't particularly concerned in correcting which of them you were referring to, more the idea that you could 'get done' when actually telling the truth, which is simply misleading.

So that would be different things.

It's not trolling to point out that the absolute defence for both is the truth, I wasn't particularly concerned in correcting which of them you were referring to, more the idea that you could 'get done' when actually telling the truth, which is simply misleading.

not one of your posts has contributed to this thread at all..... you seem to pop up every now and again simply to troll.

if you had read the original post (which I doubt you did) the poster states that she would

Sure we could follow her through the net and slander her because of what she's done[/url]

PastTime,

the more people you let know about this lady, the more noise can be made.

just think of the pain and anguish your family has gone through and think of how many other families have been through the same. people will continue to buy ill bred, sick dogs as long as this puppy farm remains in business.

not one of your posts has contributed to this thread at all..... you seem to pop up every now and again simply to troll.

if you had read the original post (which I doubt you did) the poster states that she would

Sure we could follow her through the net and slander her because of what she's done[/url]

PastTime,

the more people you let know about this lady, the more noise can be made.

just think of the pain and anguish your family has gone through and think of how many other families have been through the same. people will continue to buy ill bred, sick dogs as long as this puppy farm remains in business.

i aggree its so very wrong

& rain i saw the advert in the addmag as well its in every week

i carnt belive i very nearly bought a puppy from one of these types of people

a few years back people do nead to be made aware wether its leagel

or not its wrong people have no idea wat goes on behind closed doors

makes you wonder would they still buy them if they knew :confused::(

Sure we could follow her through the net and slander her because of what she's done

I read the entire thread, including the incorrect advice about slander. I doubt that the OP actually meant slander, presumably they meant to tell the truth.

I don't have much to add about the puppy farm, I hope she succeeds in getting it closed down. But she shouldn't be scared of being sued due to being misadvised about something, so I corrected it. I'm sorry you got it wrong in the first place, but you've no need to take it personally.

Edited by Cyclone