Allotments rent rise 2012

rent rises are on the agenda for the next Allotment Fed meeting:

Monday 23rd April at 7.00pm

Quaker Meeting House, 10 St James Street S1 (Behind the Cathedral)

what services do we get :huh:? and I mean all of us not just a few plots ? if you get a service that you think well all get please make a list id like to know

I didn't get the letter or questionaire about the rises, and I've met several other people who didn't either. It does make you feel that thie whole thing was a dishonest PR execise with decisions already made. (and if so why waste all that money on it??)

Lets face it, council's waste money all the time and it's the likes of you and me that end up paying. Still we have nice new gates that should stop all the break in's, hang on you can climb over, dam, didn't think of that...

rent rises are on the agenda for the next Allotment Fed meeting:

Monday 23rd April at 7.00pm

Quaker Meeting House, 10 St James Street S1 (Behind the Cathedral)

Thanks mc55

What was discussed?

Is the Federation taking any action against the rises?

Hello, we are new to the forum and we were interested in finding out more info about getting an allotment, but the above messages have put a seed of doubt in our minds.

Thanks mc55

What was discussed?

Is the Federation taking any action against the rises?

sorry Pumpkin Pie, I didn't get back from work in time to make it to the meeting

Hello, we are new to the forum and we were interested in finding out more info about getting an allotment, but the above messages have put a seed of doubt in our minds.

doubt in what sense ?

Why have doubts, you won't notice any change of pricing from the council because it would be what you expect to pay, as for the rest of us, like every other allotment association in the country are having to put up with increases in cost out of all proportion to other leisure activities! You don't get a raise in price for swimming pools, sports centres etc, complain to this Labour council!!!