Why Is My Car So Fast?

My brother has got his first car still locked up in his garage and has been there for about 7 years now but this car is absolutely rapid and used beat me in races in my astra gsi 16v, The car is a suzuki swift 1.3 gti.

Corolla. I was a bit worried that it has been modified in some way and the insurance is not right. I've just burned a Celica GT off.....:hihi:

a 1.3l at around 75-90bhp against a 2.0l 170bhp celica gt with a LSD and a close ration box as standard..

I'm sorry to say he wasn't trying mate

reminds me of today and a heavily modified 1.2 corsa by the sounds of the engine.

Revving at lights at the side of me wanting to race. I wouldn't mind but ive got a VR6 that's got a 2.8 V6 lump in a car that probably weighs the same as his or less but I must be getting old as I just smiled at him and let him shoot off at the lights. I'd rather save the fuel than crush his ego.

On looking up the performance figures for the Toyota Corolla 1.3 it says it accelerates to 60 in 10.1 seconds which isn't too shabby given its age. Again though if you were against a Celica or whatever it was it would wipe the floor with you.