Sheffield Crown Court-listings and viewing arrangements

Once a case has been tried and come to a conclusion the information is available to the public, unless it is a juvenile who is the defendant. You can ring the courts to get the outcome of the case, including whether or not the defendent was found guilty or not, or plead accordingly, and the sentence given if guilty.

Hi could you tell me if it is an adult defendant but the case involves children under 16 giving evidence via video link who is allowed in the public gallery to watch the case?

Sheffield star have a half page spread headed Court Report detailing names addresses and the sentence imposed. Cannot remember which day though.

You can actually ring the Court direct and they will tell you the date the person is due to appear.

This thread was started 15 months ago. Did the OP find out? Did the scumbag get his justice?

Hi could you tell me if it is an adult defendant but the case involves children under 16 giving evidence via video link who is allowed in the public gallery to watch the case?

The thread is old, but hurtmum only posted tonight. Sorry I have no idea of the answer.

You could ring court and ask, but i think that unless its a closed court, or any order has been given regarding protecting identity has been given, anyone can go in. Think if its young people on the link the screens will be turned so only the judge/ jury etc can see their faces.

As i say if you really need to know ring court and ask, im sure they will tell you.

You could ring court and ask, but i think that unless its a closed court, or any order has been given regarding protecting identity has been given, anyone can go in. Think if its young people on the link the screens will be turned so only the judge/ jury etc can see their faces.

As i say if you really need to know ring court and ask, im sure they will tell you.

I would guess it is more probable that the relevant parts of the case will be held in Closed Session (a judge can order that as relevant), however if the case involves an adult as the defendant then it is unlikely that the whole case will be treated that way unless there is an overwhelming reason why it should be.

But as suggested, ring them and check.

This thread was started 15 months ago. Did the OP find out? Did the scumbag get his justice?

Yes she did :) XX and yes he did, thank god !

:thumbsup:The age of the Defendant and/or witnesses involved may have an impact on the press reporting details of the case - there is often an order that no details should be published which might identify the Defendant and/or witnesses involved.

You can sit in the public gallery of any court except when the court sits in private - "in chambers". It is very rare indeed for cases to be heard totally in private.

If you want to go along and watch there is no reason why you can't. If a witness is giving evidence over a tv link you will certainly hear the evidence and the screens are so big you will be able to see it.

The general rule is that justice must not only be done it must be seen to be done.

Does anyone know how you can access details of cases and sentences at Sheffield Crown Courts ?