What does OTE stand for?

as i earn on OTE i can assure you it is on target earnings.

the salary advertised is that achieved if you realise all sales/attendance targets that are attached to your position.

there is usually a basic salary advertised as that is the minimum you will earn.

it is probably wise only to take the job if the basic is enough to live on, some companies like the "power" ones have clawbacks & all sorts of ways to remoe your OTE.

this reminds me of the old warning that when you apply for a job which says you can earn "up to £50 000" you should rememeber that by defintion "up to" can include the figure 0

Originally posted by missrabbit

...but i have a job interview tonight and next to the salary it says OTE and...

C'mon missrabbit, spill the beans, hope it went well, but...

...tell us, how did it go?

:)

PS. You can tell me to mind my own business if you like. :P

I was super nervous and my mind went blank, but the interview seemed to go ok. They will let me know either way on either Wed or Thurs and if i am successful then i have to go for a second interview! I hate the waiting period! I wish they would let you know the next day. My fingers are hurting from being crossed this long!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by missrabbit

I was super nervous and my mind went blank, but the interview seemed to go ok. They will let me know either way on either Wed or Thurs and if i am successful then i have to go for a second interview! I hate the waiting period! I wish they would let you know the next day. My fingers are hurting from being crossed this long!:rolleyes:

Well, it sounds promising.

Good luck.

:)

O.T.E means On Target Earinings otherwise like this

£50,000 ote ( breakdown )

£15,000 basic + overtime & bonus = £50,000 ote.

Be very aware some quoting ote that you get the full story and how viable it is to realise the potential figure

I could say a lot more but I will leave it for now

Regards

Tony

With OTE the most important thing it to find out the basic salary and what the average earnings of the current employee's is. If you are relativley inexperienced in sales or new to the field they specialize in then this figure will probably be more than you would earn.

The best advice is ask as many questions as possible!!

May sound daft, but what does OTE mean when applying for a job?

eg. £12,000 to £18,000 OTE

basicly means £12,000 basic per year, then if you hit your targets you can earn up2 £18,000 per year

I'm with jules on this one, that was my understanding also.

On-Target Earnings

Sales people have a basic and then a salary they could reach if they meet their targets.

bladesufc1 is not right at all. On Target Earnings means exactly that; if you hit your target that is waht you will get (Topline before Tax and NI).

I have not read all the comments, but could you tell me what type of job you are applying for, it may shed some light on the situation!!

May sound daft, but what does OTE mean when applying for a job?

eg. £12,000 to £18,000 OTE

OTE= On Target Earnings

It means - you will get some crappy low level basic salary and will then have to sell your body, mind and soul to the devil and who ever else wants a bit of it to reach the target earnings they have stated.