The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Given the strength of feeling against the brexit result I suspect that any party with a manifesto to not leave would give the conservatives a kicking in an election.
i

I disagree as I believe there is still a majority that wish to leave.

Given the strength of feeling against the brexit result I suspect that any party with a manifesto to not leave would give the conservatives a kicking in an election.

There is just the Liberal Democrats at the moment, because they have a firm policy and the are no other parties with this line; they have done really well at the last 3 byelections.

If we get to 2020 without major problems, that support could decline. If the economy goes into reverse, they will say I told you so.

What. No. Not even a little. What universe? Just no. Look at the polls. Or just out the window.

I think that's very optimistic, but if you think the the lib dems are going ride to a general election victory (as they're the only proper pro eu party around) or forge a coalition with the snp, now is the time to make the bet - remember Leicester! Libdems are 33-1 to win the most seats, UKIP are on 25-1.

I think that's very optimistic, but if you think the the lib dems are going ride to a general election victory (as they're the only proper pro eu party around) or forge a coalition with the snp, now is the time to make the bet - remember Leicester! Libdems are 33-1 to win the most seats, UKIP are on 25-1.

I think they have a valid argument, but since the Tories are in control, they will take the credit or blame when they force it through.

Considering a GE will not take place until after we have left it wont make a blind bit of difference.

Considering a GE will not take place until after we have left it wont make a blind bit of difference.

Ladbrooks were offering the shortest odds on an election this year.

Interesting that according to some newspaper can't remember which the libdems and SSP are increasing their membership to their highest levels ever

i

I disagree as I believe there is still a majority that wish to leave.

And a massive majority of those who honestly accept the referendum result and want the government to act upon it.

As I suspected, as we move towards a clean Brexit, our EU neighbours will start offering alternative 'solutions' which would effectively amount to a phoney or non-Brexit. First out of the block is the German finance minister, who is advocating the Swiss model as a 'wise' alternative for the UK.

This model would require is to pay huge amounts into the EU budget, force us to accept the rulings of the ECJ and also free movement, in return for access to the single European market. Is he joking? I don't think so. He has obviously not listened to what May said in her speech last week.

Come into my parlour said the spider to the fly........

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/brexit-latest-eu-germany-wolfgang-schaeuble-finance-minister-hard-brexit-immigration-switzerland-a7540506.html

Europe is more intolerant then Britain, look at how they go off about the refugees. = http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/10061025/Worlds-most-racially-intolerant-countries-mapped.html

Britain doesn't need people who decide to bail out at the first sign of troubled times, we need people with a stiff upper lip ready to face any challenges.

You make the mistake of assuming my loyalties lie with the UK and not with Europe...

I don't consider this troubled times. I think they are far worse than merely troubled times.

Why don't you do one to Europe if you love it so much? Remoaners like you are traitors who want to bend over to the will of the EU superstate.

You spout tolerance, and then you come out with claptrap like that... sigh....

You make the mistake of assuming my loyalties lie with the UK and not with Europe...

I don't consider this troubled times. I think they are far worse than merely troubled times.

You spout tolerance, and then you come out with claptrap like that... sigh....

Which country do you find preferable to live in rather than the U.K.