Royal Infirmary Grey Lady

I know nothing of grey ladies but have had an experience that convinces me there is ''something out there.''

I really don't know - unless perhaps 'grey' is associated with 'darkness' etc. One thing I can say (as a 1960s student nurse - (here's a photo - I'm easy to spot[SIZE="1"].[/size];)) is that every nurses' home has a grey lady. She is supposed to have been escaping from a fire, and went back into the flames to rescue someone, but was burned to death.

Front row, 2nd from left???????????????? LOL

Well done H

It's the face in the window that bothers me.

I was in an out of the Infirmary in the late 60's/early 70's , usually on the skin ward. remember being told it was an old nurse/sister who'd committed suicide . there was supposed to be another one who walked the grounds. can also remember if you were walking wounded or not too ill you could be taken to see a film in an annexe but had to walk underground down some tunnels past the mortuary which was quite creepy.

There were indeed underground tunnels under the Royal Infirmary. I worked there as a Pre Nursing Student in 1976 and vividly remember being scared witless by the stories of the grey lady who walked the tunnels.

There was also the story of a small girl who stitched a beautiful sampler of a picture of the old infirmary building - she died in the hospital and apparently wandered around looking for her Mummy.

I wonder if the framed stitch work still exists and if anyone knows where it is ?