Anybody from Hackenthorpe?

Hi Sean

The name Piggott rings a bell somewhere in the past,but I had left the area

in 1980

Regards

Jim

My grandparents, Lil and John the Piggotts, lived on Delves Drive since the mid 60's, we (dad, mum and brothers) moved back in the early 80s after living in Rotherham and then Park Hill.

As I said earlier an Uncle still lives in my grandparents old house.

I went out with the most drop dead gorgeous bloke in Hackenthorpe. Lived on Jermyn Crescent in the 70s.
hi annelouise,do you remember anita bingham

yes started going in on most saturdays, i live in hackenthorpe lived here for 38 years,

I lived at 68 Newstead Way Hackenthorpe from 71-74 with the Parker family having moved from Park Hill flats. My time spent with my sis and brother in law was brilliant and I remember loads of good people from that area at that time. Most weekends were spent up the Frecheville and Birley Moor pub and the one opposite which became part of a golf club the Fairway I think it was called.

I joined the Royal Navy from there in 73 and we had a leaving do at the Manor House down the road can't remember the name of it if anybody can help Lord of the Manor for the evening and all that.

Went out with several girls from Hackenthorpe all of whom I have fond memories of.

Long walks to the Harrow pub which had a disco type thing going in the 70's and even longer walks down to the Forge where Roger Moffat used to drink.

By the way at my wedding in 78 he sent a personalised Radio Hallam message to all our family as my sis used to get him ****** in the Bluebell before and after he went on air, I think it then became Crazy Daisy's or something like that.

Great site this, living in a new town Basildon Essex they don't have things like this to talk about.

Best wishes to all in Hackenthorpe

Jack Bowler

Hi all,

I teach in Hackenthorpe, in the new Rainbow Forge Primary School (in the old Carter Lodge building).

My class will be studying the local area as part of our geography and history work, and I was wondering if anyone has any old photos of Hackenthorpe, Rainbow Forge (old or new) or Carter Lodge that I could use.

I've enjoyed reading this thread and finding out what Hackenthorpe was like in days gone by... certainly more interesting than any history book!

Any help much appreciated!

Teach

:):hihi:

Yes I was from Hackenthorpe untill 1964 I can remember many of the kids I grew up with. I lived at 33 Delves Drive and the kids I hung around with were Peter Townsend, Gerald Smith, Tony Maikinson, Peter White Linda Havenhand, Magerat & Lynda Bailis the Disney family (the dad was the local Police Man) I can vaguely remember the Piggot family and also the Simonite family.

I spent my early years at the village School then to Rainbow Forge School, the teachers I remember were Miss Cantor the Head, Mrs Box. Mr Taylor and Mr Macike.

I now live in Inverness Scotland it would be great to hear from Hackenthorpe

'Walt' Disney and his purple and white push bike. I remember him well.:)

Sandie is a user name my name is Dave Theaker from Delves Drive, what address do you come from

'Walt' Disney and his purple and white push bike. I remember him well.:)

Me too. I was riding my bike on the pavement in front of Gower & Burgins shop at the terminus. He spots me and says, why are you riding your bike on the pavement>? I says, "it's safer than the road".

He gives me a clout round the ear, not for riding my bike on the pavement but for being cheeky. Those were the days.:)

Sandie is a user name my name is Dave Theaker from Delves Drive, what address do you come from

Who's the question aimed at sandie?