Help me - trapped nerve!

Can anyone offer any advice. I've had a trapped nerve in my shoulder blade for over a week now and it's driving me insane.

I've been applying a heat pack during the day whilst at work to try and offer some comfort but I really need it to stop now, I've had enough!!

Please help me before I go mad!!

I went for chiropractor then massage , it took about 2 weeks to start to rectify itself, good luck

codeman

My shoulders killing too, I always sleep on my right side and my right shoulder is really hurting today!

x

Don't want to upset you, but are you sure it's a trapped nerve? I have had a similar problem with intense pain in my shoulder (which also now goes down my arm) for the past 6 months! Been to the doctor several times and he says it is muscle tension! He's given me exercises to do ~ which sometimes work, sometimes not. I'm now coming round to thinking that maybe I've got this for ever!

Visit either your GP or a good Physio & get the problem diagnosed properly.Then you'll be advised on the best course of treatment.

Don't want to upset you, but are you sure it's a trapped nerve? I have had a similar problem with intense pain in my shoulder (which also now goes down my arm) for the past 6 months! Been to the doctor several times and he says it is muscle tension! He's given me exercises to do ~ which sometimes work, sometimes not. I'm now coming round to thinking that maybe I've got this for ever!

I've got a similar problem with my back. My left shoulder is pretty much constantly in pain to a greater or lesser degree and because whatever the problem is is close to my spine the pain can be transported to anywhere on my body. When it first started I thought I had heart problems because the pain appeared in my chest instead of my back or shoulder. It scared the hell out of me.

My GP passed me onto a physio who showed me some exercises which helped for a bit but didn't really solve it. Like you I think this is something I'm going to have to live with because nothing my doctor or physio have suggested has done more than lessen the pain a bit.

I also have a trapped nerve that I woke up with yesterday in my right shoulder/back. It's most annoying. :mad:

i have had a trapped nerve in my spine for the last 15 years. was told it was carpel tunnel syndrome at first as most of my problems were in my fingers going numb and tingling but about 8 years ago they said it was not its a traped nerve in the topo of my spine and all they say is do these excercises that dont help much.its not too bad if i dont over do things and i find winter is the worse. even reading a newspaper i get tingling and cramp in my fingers.

yep, trapped nerves in both my shoulders, i played ladies rugby in my youth, tight head prop, probably came from then, anyway, physio advised me to go swimming as often as i could, this was several years ago, it really helps, doesn't cure it but really stretches it out. Have also had physion more recently, she also recommended swimming. Doc also prescribes anti inflammatories when it gets really bad, winter definitely worse, avoid draughts and unless i'm sleeping i change position constantly, if i have to sit for extended periods, i always sit at a desk and set my chair slightly low, so i can rest my arms on the desk,

Go see your doc as if you leave it can become inflamed, get worse etc.

Can anyone offer any advice. I've had a trapped nerve in my shoulder blade for over a week now and it's driving me insane.

I've had one for 11 months, well I had a trapped nerve that didn't heal properly which resulted in an EMG and MRI scan and several weeks of Physio...

Have you seen the Doctor?

I've been applying a heat pack during the day whilst at work to try and offer some comfort but I really need it to stop now, I've had enough!!

Please help me before I go mad!!

I would advise a Chiropractor. They will first take an Xray,and wont do anything you dont want them to do.Mine is The Hillsborough Chiropractor Clinic,on Holme Lane at Hillsborough.I always see Sonya the owner.