Admiral Rodney Pub, Loxley Rd - a query.

Hi, has anyone heard about future plans for the Admiral Rodney Pub, Loxley Rd, S6?

Found this on Google which may help :)

Hi, has anyone heard about future plans for the Admiral Rodney Pub, Loxley Rd, S6?

What have you heard ?

Found this on Google which may help :)

No Rich, the OP had a query about the future of the place, not the history of the place. :roll:

I used to love the informality of the place- by that I mean you could just turn up, find a table and order your food. Last time I went they seem to have changed it into more of a formal restaurant so you had to wait to be seated and order at the table. Not what I went there for.

Be interested to know what their future plans are

We went yesterday evening for a meal. It was still informal, find a table and go to the bar to order. They did take dessert orders from us at our table though which was nice and they fetched us drinks. The meals that we had were lovely and we will go back there.

Thanks for the replies, seems that nobody on here has heard anything, so I don't want to spread unfounded/untrue rumours.

Africanqueen, last time I went there a few weeks ago you could still order at the bar and pick your own table. When were you there?

i was there last saturday. we picked a table and ordered at the bar. nice and simple

In the evenings they now do the poncy bit of getting a waitress to show you to a table, but most of the time you can just grab a table and go to the bar to order like before.