Two brothers guilty of taxi driver murder

Lester Divers was the Cohens half brother, who was shot outside his house in Walkley a few years ago.

I don't think it had anything to do with the recent murder.

..thanks for that Mandem, I couldn't find a reference to anyone called Cohen being shot in Sheffield.

they have got 33 years minimum for ashley cohen .

31 years minimum for david cohen .

the judge said they would have to do the lot befor being considered for parole and may well never get out .

they intend to appeal .

Can anyone recall about 2 weeks ago one of the Coens were giving their evidence and named another person as the murderer ? Does anyone know if this person was charged?

they have got 33 years minimum for ashley cohen .

31 years minimum for david cohen .

the judge said they would have to do the lot befor being considered for parole and may well never get out .

they intend to appeal .

yeh, and Mick Ullah got 16 for pulling the trigger on Lester. be out in less than 10, but we must feel sorry for him co's he's a junkie :mad:

if you want to know about that murder you will have to google for it. Don't know if they are conected. What i am saying, and for the last time, is that you cannot give life meaning life to one and not others, when they have all taken a life, don't care how or why or by whom. The law should be the same for all.

The man accused and convicted of this murder received a 16 year minimum term (based on old sentencing guidelines) after pleading guilty at trial so received credit for that.

The trial judge subsequentley said that under the current sentencing regime, the starting point for this offence would have been a 30 year minimum term, so in fact the Cohen Brothers would appear to have faired well since they did not plead guilty and they've received minimum sentences of 33 and 31 years.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/cms/144_12396.htm

yeh, and Mick Ullah got 16 for pulling the trigger on Lester. be out in less than 10, but we must feel sorry for him co's he's a junkie :mad:

He received a life sentence with a minimum term of 16 years. His release after that time is not unconditional, and is dependent on many factors. Many prisoners are still serving sentences having been refused release by the Parole Board.

A) had he pleaded guilty there wouldn't have been a trail, not by jury anyway. and B) he didn't plead guilty until the very last min, two wks after the start of the trial.

A) had he pleaded guilty there wouldn't have been a trail, not by jury anyway. and B) he didn't plead guilty until the very last min, two wks after the start of the trial.

The trial judge acknowledged it was a late guilty plea and presumably didn't give him a full 1/3 discount off the minimum sentence which would have been available for an early guilty plea.

The fact is had he committed this crime post 2003, his minimum sentence would have been nearly double what it is.

I think i'll leave this thread has it's really winding me up now. Lester Divers was a very good friend of mine. and just for the record i don't think the Cohen brothers did murder anyone. so they have the right to appeal

I think i'll leave this thread has it's really winding me up now. Lester Divers was a very good friend of mine. and just for the record i don't think the Cohen brothers did murder anyone. so they have the right to appeal

That's fair enough Lisa, I'm sorry you've lost a close friend in these circumstances, but his murderer was caught, and dealt with fairly at that time, so I'm not sure what's winding you up.

The Cohen brothers also received a fair trial, but in the meantime the world has changed regards sentencing policy as a direct result of the general public getting fed up of gun crime, gang related murders and the apparent proliferation of such activity, hopefully sentences as stiff as this will send out a real deterrent message to young men tempted to get involved in acts like these.

Those 2 scumbags deserve everything they get.

They terrorised/threatened their way into peoples lives (well they USED to anyway).

Not anymore and thank god. Justice FINALLY for these type of scrotes.

Now the rest of the scum need clearing off the streets. Let this be an example.

I work in the area where the Cohens live and after seeing the way these scumbags have behaved over the past few years, let them rot in jail. I know people who have been beaten by them, had money extorted from them and general harassment all thanks to those sweet Cohen boys! I don't know about the other stuff people have been talking about, but jury's don't often get this sort of thing wrong. I can't imagine why people defend them, unless they are as bad as the Cohens...