Corbyn suggests earnings limit

This is what happens when government throw money at the state sector rather than reforming it. It's why Labour keep getting kicked out of government.

Actually many of the public services have been in a permanent state of flux and change throughout the last 20 years.

Actually many of the public services have been in a permanent state of flux and change throughout the last 20 years.

As has the world. Adapt or die.

How does the OECD suggest fixing it? Evening out the current GDP more evenly? Reducing the wealth income to a less wealthy average? Somehow paying the poor more without reducing the wealthy? I'm all for better equality but this seems a little pie in the sky...

I hope he doesn't only target bankers and the like but includes footballers.

It's just meaningless rhetoric.

Do you have any evidence of this?

The evidence I have seen (world happiness reort 2016)highlights a strong postie correlation between wealth and happiness.

All of the top 10 countries are European, save Australia, New Zealand and Canada. The highest country that falls below the average GDP of the world is Guatemala, in poisition 39. The only countries in the bottom 50 of average or better GDP is South Africa, Bulgaria and Gabon (none of which are wealthy). The bottom "rich" country is Greece at number 99.

Corbyn is dangerous, more dangerous than Trump.

Beat me to it!

I hope he does too. That'd be the end of the premiership, a very severe haircut to the bookmaking business, broadcast licensing money freed up to commission more quality TV programming <etc.>: positives end on end, as far as the eye can see :thumbsup:

Why? They pay tax. There was an image knocking about of Louis Suarez pay slip - no accounting flim flam just a wage slip with a whacking amount of tax paid. Thank you very much Louis I thought. Saint corbyn probably hast seen it.

Now if you want to close loopholes I'm all over that.

Denmark is apparently the happiest country in the world.

If I'm reading the Gini coefficients correctly, it also has one of the highest levels of wealth distribution inequality in the world (only Zimbabwe and Namibia are worse).

It does however have a low level of income distribution inequality - although not as good as Afghanistan..

I think there's a lot off confusion here as to cause and effect.

Wealthy countries can afford to support low earners by supplementing their income. Most do as people who are doing well are generally inclined to help out their fellow citizens. This makes both groups of people happier.

Wealthy countries do not become or remain wealthy by taxing their economy back to the stone age.

Supplements for the income of the lowest earners is the first thing to do, no matter who is in government, when the economy tanks.