Website help? please

You need a domain name, that is what your website is called. For example http://www.google.com.

Hosting is where the website is saved, basically it is like storage. You need to host your site on a server somewhere so people can access the site.

Then I'd image they might be quoting you for the actual work - as in building the site.

Also things like SEO (search engine optimisation), there are techniques that can be used to make your website appear higher in search results. In simple terms if no one can find your website because it either doesn't come up when people type in terms related to what you do or it does but it appears very low down the search results then you are unlikely to get very many visitors to your website.

Could you perhaps quote some of the information you have been given so people can help you?

Hi Ian,

Do you have an email so I can send you the detailed quote?

In summary, a similar website would cost £300(One off) or £25(per month) this already has a 25% discount. Any items listed below can be changed, which means the price would vary.

This quote includes:

- Domain(.com or .co.uk) and Domain privacy(keep your personal data safe)

- Hosting on a shared hosting plan

- Daily automated backup

- Website tested for laptops/desktop and mobile phones

- 8 pages(Images and text content to be provided by the client)

- 2 free pages(privacy policy and contact us)

- 2 email accounts

- Access to your site to change text and images yourself(if you want)

We can also provide social media channels and digital marketing advertisement(via Google and Facebook), if you are interested let us know and I can send more details.

---------- Post added 12-03-2017 at 16:18 ----------

this is what I have been sent

Hi Ian,

Do you have an email so I can send you the detailed quote?

In summary, a similar website would cost £300(One off) or £25(per month) this already has a 25% discount. Any items listed below can be changed, which means the price would vary.

This quote includes:

- Domain(.com or .co.uk) and Domain privacy(keep your personal data safe) - see my explanation on previous post

- Hosting on a shared hosting plan - see my explanation. To add, shared hosting means you will be sharing the server with other websites, its unlikely you will need a dedicated server

- Daily automated backup - website i.e. its content backed up if the website is changed regulary then regular backups are a good idea

- Website tested for laptops/desktop and mobile phones - website should be usable on various devices, many people web browse on their phones and therefore a mobile friendly site is a good idea

- 8 pages(Images and text content to be provided by the client) - self explanatory really they will create 8 pages for you

- 2 free pages(privacy policy and contact us)

- 2 email accounts - two email addresses at your chosen domain name i.e. yourname@dorberman.com

- Access to your site to change text and images yourself(if you want) - you will have access to the backend of the site so you can change it when you want rather than having to pay them again to update it

We can also provide social media channels and digital marketing advertisement(via Google and Facebook), if you are interested let us know and I can send more details. - you can pay to advertise your website via Facebook and Google Ads

---------- Post added 12-03-2017 at 16:18 ----------

this is what I have been sent

See my bold

I built one on wix.

I transferred my .co.uk domain name and built 8 pages using their templates including hosting it cost me £60 for the year.

Easy to update, additional charge for an email address attached to your domain name.

Wix will set you up with a domain name, a template,professional hosting and email address. It did take me a couple of afternoons to get something acceptable.

You can use facebook and twitter as a source for uploaded contetn(if you have photos on there) it allows links to be placed for FB and twitter and it makes the website mobile compliant.