Jocosa Bar - West Street

Is it what used to be Bar Max?

Yes, that hideously over-priced, atmosphere free hole....

no i work in another bar in the city centre and tried it out at weekend and thought it was good!!

no i work in another bar in the city centre and tried it out at weekend and thought it was good!!

Fair enough. I was being a little presumptious. The place looks nice, but nothing out of the ordinary as far as West Street is concerned....what would concern me is what the unique selling point of this place is; what does it have to offer people beyond what is already available? It sounds like it can't compete on price with other establishments, but can it compete with other venues on West / Division Street in terms of quality? This will be the true test for the place....the market around the area is swamped with places that attempt to aim higher than their own standards allow; the last thing we need is another wannabe.

i just enjoy going there as it is different and something new. as it is not full of young students and cheap watered down drinks.

the cocktails are nice. only a small selection but that is to be expected as the staff have just learnt them. i admit i had 2 wait a little extra 4 my cocktails but in the end i was impressed and didnt mind, sure once they find hteir feet that place will take off.

not yet tried food in the day.

will be sure to try it out soon though.

I went in recently and they have set up a new tapas kitchen! The food is great and the prices are good too. A new destination for me and my uni mates I must say.

The kitchen has been given it's own name aswell and they mentioned getting an informational website up soon. Chimi di Changa is the name.

A new destination for me and my uni mates I must say.

note to self: swerve jocosa.

note to self: swerve jocosa.

classic, great deal of valuable input there.

i'm presuming you're implying that me and my friends are lowlifes or something of the sort?

i was expecting a bit more from this forum to be fair, came on with an open mind but so far all ive seen has made me think the exact opposite.

classic, great deal of valuable input there.

i'm presuming you're implying that me and my friends are lowlifes or something of the sort?

i was expecting a bit more from this forum to be fair, came on with an open mind but so far all ive seen has made me think the exact opposite.

and all i've seen are miserable users with no sense of humour :roll:

oh, well i apologise if i overlooked the sarcasm.

i was just so accustomed to being under a constant barrage of attacks

:)

i do have a sense of humour don't worry, just difficult to read over the internet.

oh, well i apologise if i overlooked the sarcasm.

i was just so accustomed to being under a constant barrage of attacks

:)

i do have a sense of humour don't worry, just difficult to read over the internet.

i think people need to take a long hard look at themselves if they take things seriously on internet forums.

alright chill out dude

look at where im coming from here

i gave a review for a restaurant, which i presumed was the reason for this forum - to give your opinions, then only got replies about how i was endorsing the company so all negative comments, then you came along and it was just like an icing on the cake really.

anyway, any replies that are relevant?

have you been to jocosa? have you tried any tapas places in sheffield? these are the replies i was looking for.

alright chill out dude

look at where im coming from here

i gave a review for a restaurant, which i presumed was the reason for this forum - to give your opinions, then only got replies about how i was endorsing the company so all negative comments, then you came along and it was just like an icing on the cake really.

anyway, any replies that are relevant?

have you been to jocosa? have you tried any tapas places in sheffield? these are the replies i was looking for.

i was agreeing with you :hihi: