Hutcliffe Wood Crematorium - Bus Route

Hi

I'm going to a service at Hutcliffe Wood Crematorium. Can anyone please tell me what number Bus I'll need to catch to get there and approximate location of bus stop in town? I've found a map of where it is online but don't know the area well enough to know what bus to get.

the 293 to dronfield/ chesterfield go near, it on the bottom road from abbeydale road, turning up Archer Road then Hutcliffe Wood Road. it leaves arundel gate at 0'clock and half past.

no matter which side you go from (abbey lane, -one of the 70's, either the 75 or 76 goes on that one) you'll have a bit of a hike, Gaz.

ask traveline 01709 515151 that'd be your best bet.

Cheers PT. I'll give them a ring, or take the car...

GazE, if you take the car, you need to go in through the bottom gates, off Archer Road, off Fraser Road and onto Periwood Lane. The long drive takes you straight up the the car park for the Crem. If you go either of the other ways, Abbey Lane or Hutcliffe Wood Road, you'll have a long way to walk from the designated parking areas at those gates.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=433827&y=383118&z=1&sv=433827,383118&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

293 leaves less walking, although buses aren't as often - once every hour I believe?

76 will take you along Abbey Lane and you walk up through the cemetery (it's signposted to the crem for cars and walkers) - 76s run about every 10mins, from town they stop outside the markets (says Lowedges on the front), on High Street outside NatWest, outside Peace Gardens, back of Debenhams (although more like outside the old DSS place or whatever it is) and also bottom of the Moor (second stop from the top of the hill).... can you tell I used to catch that one home? :)

Cheers for the info, I'm going to drive to make sure I get there on time.

293 leaves less walking, although buses aren't as often - once every hour I believe?

76 will take you along Abbey Lane and you walk up through the cemetery (it's signposted to the crem for cars and walkers) - 76s run about every 10mins, from town they stop outside the markets (says Lowedges on the front), on High Street outside NatWest, outside Peace Gardens, back of Debenhams (although more like outside the old DSS place or whatever it is) and also bottom of the Moor (second stop from the top of the hill).... can you tell I used to catch that one home? :)

the 293 runs twice an hour, on the hour and half past from arundel gate (see my post above) on the hour, it only goes as far as Dronfield, on the half-hour it goes all the way into chesterfield. (via birmiongham, i think, judging by the length of the journey!!)