Israel's legacy of death in Lebanon

Why do I feel uncomforable with alot of the critisism of Israel on this forum , theres an undercurrent of anti-semitism in many posting .

What alternative does Israel have but to fight , if innocent Lebanese civilians are suffering It's a tragedy and everything the world community can do to help should be done but tell me WHAT ELSE COULD ISRAEL DO ?

Exactly,maybe if the terrorists hadn't attacked Israel they wouldn't have this problem in the first place.

They weren't fighting the Lebanese, they were fighting terrorists.

If, after the targeted destruction of the whole of the Lebanese infrastructure, the destruction of homes, businesses, roads, airports, power generation plants and civilian convoys (who in the first instance were told to leave their homes by the Israeli army).

If, after the whole nation was subjected to a air and sea "blockade" (i.e. a siege) you believe that the Israeli's were only targeting terrorists!

Surely then, you wouldn't have problems believing that Hizbollah, through firing rockets at a small number of Israeli towns, were infact fighting the Israeli Army and not the Israeli people :thumbsup:

Why do I feel uncomforable with alot of the critisism of Israel on this forum , theres an undercurrent of anti-semitism in many posting .

What alternative does Israel have but to fight , if innocent Lebanese civilians are suffering It's a tragedy and everything the world community can do to help should be done but tell me WHAT ELSE COULD ISRAEL DO ?

ABIDE BY INTERNATIONAL NORMS AND TREATIES LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IS EXPECTED TO !

If, after the targeted destruction of the whole of the Lebanese infrastructure, the destruction of homes, businesses, roads, airports, power generation plants and civilian convoys (who in the first instance were told to leave their homes by the Israeli army).

If, after the whole nation was subjected to a air and sea "blockade" (i.e. a siege) you believe that the Israeli's were only targeting terrorists!

Surely then, you wouldn't have problems believing that Hizbollah, through firing rockets at a small number of Israeli towns, were infact fighting the Israeli Army and not the Israeli people :thumbsup:

I don't believe anything of the sort. I just think that we should bear in mind that Israels enemies are quite happy to fire any sort of munition that can lay their hands on at any civilian target and they couldn't care less if it explodes in a school or an army barracks.

The Israelis are also subject to suicide bombers on buses who target women and children. What difference is there between firing a bomb that leaves unexploded munitions behind and firing rockets at civilian targets?

What difference is there between firing a bomb that leaves unexploded munitions behind and firing rockets at civilian targets?

Precisely the point, no difference. Where there is a difference, is that one set of butchers are considered to be evil terrorists, while the other set are considered to be our freedom loving allies in the middle-east. (By our Prime Minister, anyway)

ABIDE BY INTERNATIONAL NORMS AND TREATIES LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IS EXPECTED TO !

So when faced with suicide bombers and threats to annililate an entire nation Israel should ask for a resolution at the UN ?

So when faced with suicide bombers and threats to annililate an entire nation Israel should ask for a resolution at the UN ?

That would be funny, Israel seeking a UN resolution to protect its borders.

Which borders exactly ? The ones it's expanded into in defiance of UN resolutions ? Israel would like the Litani river as its northern border, but has been denied that so has sown the seeds of death over southern Lebanon.

Perhaps when members of the UN peace-keeping force start getting blown up by these anti-personell mines somebody might sit up and take notice.

And please don't play the 'race' card. Israel by its own racially motivated actions has dug itself into the bunker it now has to live in.

If you believe suicide bombers can destroy an entire nation which is armed with the latest military gadgets and not forgetting the small matter of nukes then I'm afraid your simply paranoid.

We're talking about renewing our nuclear detterent in this country, but hell what a waste of money! All we have to do is set up a couple of battalions of suicide bombers. Now thats what I call value for money :thumbsup:

I don't believe anything of the sort. I just think that we should bear in mind that Israels enemies are quite happy to fire any sort of munition that can lay their hands on at any civilian target and they couldn't care less if it explodes in a school or an army barracks.

The Israelis are also subject to suicide bombers on buses who target women and children. What difference is there between firing a bomb that leaves unexploded munitions behind and firing rockets at civilian targets?

So were Israeli's through their actions fighting only Hizbollah ?

So were Israeli's through their actions fighting only Hizbollah ?

Hizholla is a terrorist organisation which was ignoring the sovereign government of Lebanon and firing rockets at civilian Israeli targets. The lebanese army could have attacked Hizbolla and then Israel wouldn't have got involved. If we were attacked by terrorists who fired rockets at Britain from France and France did nothing then what you would do? If those rockets hit your street and your friends then would you suggest we have a resolution in the UN or that we bomb the terrorists?

Hizholla is a terrorist organisation

Incorrect only the US, Israel and Canada think it is.

Every other member in the UN thinks not.

Hizholla is a terrorist organisation which was ignoring the sovereign government of Lebanon and firing rockets at civilian Israeli targets. The lebanese army could have attacked Hizbolla and then Israel wouldn't have got involved. If we were attacked by terrorists who fired rockets at Britain from France and France did nothing then what you would do? If those rockets hit your street and your friends then would you suggest we have a resolution in the UN or that we bomb the terrorists?

They fired rockets into Israeli cities AFTER Israel started bombing Lebanon.

Terrorist ? They've got elected members in the Lebanese cabinet.

Oh please dont compare Israel to us!

Its a simple question I asked, why are you finding it sooooo difficult ?