Beware of Breitbart lies

And having a look at this dreaded site it gives a response,

"Fake ‘Fake News’:

Media Sow Division with Dishonest Attack on Breitbart’s

‘Allahu Akbar’ Church Fire Story"

Notably they didn't respond to either the Guardian or the Independent when invited to comment because they know they can't hold up under scrutiny.

---------- Post added 08-01-2017 at 22:59 ----------

Are we only learning this now?

Don't google Steve Bannon guys, you won't like it.

No, but it's a particularly good example of why not to trust anything they report.

Ho Ho.

"Fake news" is the first shot in the powers that be trying to regain influence. The proles aren't voting the way they should, the way they are being pointed to vote.

Nobody will lie to you like your own government will.

People talk about fake news and a post truth society? Where were these people when Tony Blair was in power?

Should we return to the Golden Age of truth, when a British Prime Minister stood up in parliament and started talking about weapons of mass destruction to be deployed within 45 minutes? Ring any bells?

Most news outlets including Sky and the BBC are pushing an agenda, as are people like RT, you just have to be aware of the fact.

Fake news? Remember the recent story about the Russians hacking into the electric grid in Vermont, as reported by the "reputable" Washington Post?

Read this.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleetaru/2017/01/01/fake-news-and-how-the-washington-post-rewrote-its-story-on-russian-hacking-of-the-power-grid/#620dbdc9291e

Ho Ho.

"Fake news" is the first shot in the powers that be trying to regain influence. The proles aren't voting the way they should, the way they are being pointed to vote.

Nobody will lie to you like your own government will.

People talk about fake news and a post truth society? Where were these people when Tony Blair was in power?

Should we return to the Golden Age of truth, when a British Prime Minister stood up in parliament and started talking about weapons of mass destruction to be deployed within 45 minutes? Ring any bells?

Most news outlets including Sky and the BBC are pushing an agenda, as are people like RT, you just have to be aware of the fact.

Fake news? Remember the recent story about the Russians hacking into the electric grid in Vermont, as reported by the "reputable" Washington Post?

Read this.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleetaru/2017/01/01/fake-news-and-how-the-washington-post-rewrote-its-story-on-russian-hacking-of-the-power-grid/#620dbdc9291e

All valid points and of course everyone needs to be aware of the agenda of the source they are reading. In Breitbart's case the agenda is virulently anti-Muslim and anti-migrant and they will say anything at all to push this agenda whether true or not.

Guest makapaka

The Ministry of Truth controls information: news, entertainment, education, and the arts. Winston Smith works in the Minitrue RecDep (Records Department), "rectifying" historical records to concord with Big Brother's current pronouncements, thus everything the Party says is true.

......I'd advise people to get a copy to see how this ends up!

All valid points and of course everyone needs to be aware of the agenda of the source they are reading. In Breitbart's case the agenda is virulently anti-Muslim and anti-migrant and they will say anything at all to push this agenda whether true or not.

Yeah, I think that hits the nail on the head. It's also important to look at multiple sources to verify if something is true, we all fall into the category of tending to believe things that align with our own views more than things that do not, so I'm likely to believe the Guardian over the Daily Mail even though the Guardian has printed its share of trash recently too.

Just because a Muslim chants Allahu Akbar it doesn't mean he/she is chanting it for a sinister purpose.

Chanting Allahu Akbar is used in many different contexts, take this story where at a memorial ceremony Muslims chanting the phrase due to mourning fellow countrymen were confronted= http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/694260/mourners-Muslim-Allahu-Akbar-Munich-shooting

Allahu Akbar is a phrase used commonly in mourning but unfortunately it a a phrase now seen as a terrorists chant.

After prayer I say Allahu Akbar while thumbing my prayer beads a certain number of times, I'm not doing it in a terrorist context I'm doing it as part of my worship.

I think the media has a lot to answer for in regards to spreading disinformation regarding muslims....

Yeah, I think that hits the nail on the head. It's also important to look at multiple sources to verify if something is true, we all fall into the category of tending to believe things that align with our own views more than things that do not, so I'm likely to believe the Guardian over the Daily Mail even though the Guardian has printed its share of trash recently too.

I think standards of journalism are generally on the slide, the Guardian is often pretty dire these days, the odd good bit of investigative stuff aside, e.g. phone hacking. The Washington Post story looks like very sloppy journalism but there is a difference between failing to corroborate your source and wilfully making stuff up; although neither is acceptable the latter is worse.

I think standards of journalism are generally on the slide, the Guardian is often pretty dire these days, the odd good bit of investigative stuff aside, e.g. phone hacking. The Washington Post story looks like very sloppy journalism but there is a difference between failing to corroborate your source and wilfully making stuff up; although neither is acceptable the latter is worse.

The british press on the whole are an abonination who wouldnt know a fact if it slapped them in the face. Its mainly opinion dressed as fact and even when there are facts then they'll wilfully misrepresent things like ONS statistics. Scum in the main with very few exceptions.

I'm more concerned with the increasing amount black-on-white attacks we're seeing; these black people doing the assaults have been whipped up by the Anti-Trump, and thinly veiled white-people-are-the-devil narrative that emanates from Black Lives Matter, Michelle Obama, Jesse Jackson and the whole left wing media.

I'm more concerned with the increasing amount black-on-white attacks we're seeing; these black people doing the assaults have been whipped up by the Anti-Trump, and thinly veiled white-people-are-the-devil narrative that emanates from Black Lives Matter, Michelle Obama, Jesse Jackson and the whole left wing media.

Which attacks are these?

Left wing media ?

In the US ?

Congratulations.

You're even more gullible than I originally feared