NHS Domestic Assistant

Hi, I have an interview coming up and was wondering what sort of questions will be asked? Any feedback is appreciated, thank you

I can't help you with the questions, but best of luck and be patient, as everything in the NHS takes much longer than you would sensibly expect. In the current climate, you may get the job, but you might not get a start date for 2 to 6 MONTHS. It is just all the beaurocracy. A bloke I know has got a job and he's waited a couple of months so far..

1) perhaps something about health and safety - such as what would you class as personal protective equipement (this would be gloves, apron, perhaps face mask/googles depending what you doing).

2) likewise on the theme of health and safety there may be something about what you may see as your role in reducing risk/promoting safety - eg wet floor signs when mopping, not leaving cleaning chemicals laying about,

3)perhaps something about safeguarding vulnerable adults/adult protection e.g. you witness a visitor shouting at/pushing and elderly patient or what would you do if a patient told you someone had stole their purse

4)perhaps something about responding to public, what would you do if a member of public asked you where a ward/dept was (are you going to help them/find someone who can or say "dunno"/not my job to tell you)

5)perhaps something bout how you would prioritise tasks, order in which you might do something (goes to time planning, logic) e,g if you were cleaning a room, what would you do first.

6)perhaps something about how you see your role in infection control.

Oh yes, also C.O.S.H.H. you ought to be prepared for something about COSHH. Even if they dont ask a direct question about this (if you dont know, google it) it would be very wise of you to chuck it into one of your answers, for a domestic job, I would expect some awareness of COSHH

Hi, I have an interview coming up and was wondering what sort of questions will be asked? Any feedback is appreciated, thank you

Hi good luck with the interview, just wondering where you saw the job advertised I keep looking on the NHS jobsite but never seem to see jobs for domestic assistants. Im wondering if you have to ring the hospital direct and ask about jobs. thanks

Infection control, damp dusting, colour coded mopping (blue mop for ward area, red for toilets etc

Health and safety

Confidentiality

Flexibility

Working as part of a team

Having to attend training school (if fortunate to get the job)

Thanks Alot guys. I went for a basic Literacy and Numeracy Assesment Last Friday which was about 10 mins. So the guy told me you should recieve a code to apply for the jobs through the NHS website. Now they are saying you will get that next month. The Job is currently being advertised by Opportunity Sheffield.

NHS on Herries Road, Barnsley Road In Firvale

hi i ve also got an interview for this a week on wed went through the same thing then an assessment at northern general and another test and group activity .

I applyed in nov through the jobcenter its took along time to get to the interview stage and i ve done well to get this far as not good with maths and i thought i did nt do very well in the group activity was also wondering what questions knew they d ask about health and safety .

Had interview other week at the hallamshire which i did nt get .

I know theres 3 people on the panel was told the other day .

Sorry to hear. I was just wondering what sort of questions they asked you and about Health & Safety. Thanks Den

NHS interview: Healthcare interview questions and answers

Below are common interview questions:

1. What are your educational qualifications? How many years of experience do you have in healthcare fields?

2. What would your core competencies be, when it comes to NHS Jobs?

3. Have you ever been through an emergency situation? What position did you handle during the emergency situation?

4. Do you consider yourself to be social? Can you tell us of a time when you used your social skills to help the patients?

5. Could you tell us of a time when you used your leadership skills to handle a situation?

6. What is the best aspect that you like about your job?

These are some of the questions asked during a NHS interview.

Hope this helps.