Interview with dwp compliance officer.. What happens ?

....then they believe he's been doing something wrong. They may be incorrect. If they already had proof that he was claiming fraudulently, it would be a police matter, not a Compliance Officer interview.

Doubt it. If they have proof he is claiming fraudulently,their own compliance department deal with it as they have the knowledge of the system.

I'd only worry if I had something to hide.

Like those Atos disability tests, bucket loads of people on the forum started crapping themselves when theirs came around. Didn't bother my old man in the slightest because he had nothing to hide.

My point is this, why is he worried if he has done nothing wrong? Seems like a waste of worry to me.

Edited by Super Hans

Like those Atos disability tests, bucket loads of people on the forum started crapping themselves when theirs came around. Didn't bother my old man in the slightest because he had nothing to hide.

My point is this, why is he worried if he has done nothing wrong? Seems like a waste of worry to me.

Perhaps you could look into the evident failings in the ATOS model to see why people were and are worried.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=9422042&postcount=46

dont forget the original post is 2010, its post 12 thats currently relevant :P

I do wish people who post this sort of thread would let us know how they got on.

Blimey I'm working and I can't afford a car.

TBH fella people hate the ATOS assessments, as they are flawed and it doesn't matter if you are well, ill or faking it, they give wrong prognosis's.

I know of terminally ill people who've been found fit for work by them, they tell people in wheelchairs if you can move yourself 200 yards, they can work, sorry but people do have a right to be worried as they are poor at best.

Everyone blames ATOS and yes they are bad, but are only doing what DWP's telling them, DWP have an appalling record especially against their own disabled staff.

Are the people at ATOS who do the interviews trained medical people or is it just some penpushing jobsworth with no medical knowledge what so ever. ?

Are the people at ATOS who do the interviews trained medical people or is it just some penpushing jobsworth with no medical knowledge what so ever. ?

They are medical professionals.

The first examiner who assessed my Mum for how her early onset alzheimers would impact her work capabilities was a midwife.

As pointed out by Stranza they do have medical qualifications but there is no intelligent match up to the claimant's issues so, for example, you get physiotherpists assessing people with depression and mental health workers measuring lung capacity.

That is even before you delve into the blunt tool that is their assessment procedure.

Evening all- today I received a letter from the DWP informing me that they will be visiting me at home to make sure all my details are correct a Compliance Visit. I was made redundant 9 months ago and since then I have struggled to find work. Worried about why they may be visiting I'm aware that if you've done nothing wrong there's nothing to worry about and just to confirm I have done nothing wrong never late for a sign on and have not been working. I did give them a ring and all I got was a snarky response telling me have all my documents ready for when they came (they really do let themselves down with their terrible manners) Does anyone have any experience of a DWP Compliance visit any advice would be most welcome Ta

The people who do the interview at atos are trained disability nurses who have been given a few days of training, what to look for and questions to ask! In my experience with them they haven't got a clue but just be honest if you aren't telling lies and you have medical evidence then you will be fine. There has been so many ****ty stories from people who have had benefits stopped due to being able to work, it was about time people are getting caught for fraudulant claims. Me and my wife work and we have 100 left at the end of the month to live on, then theres drug addicts, alcoholics getting nearly 1500 pound per month, it stinks!! Send all lying claimants to jail and make them work on the chain gang.Then make them pay it back