Where is the best place to sell gold rings?

I took a handfull of old chains, earrings and bracelets to uk bullion and got £420 but after reading this i'm wondering if I could have got more,(too late now). I'd try selling on here

The Chapel antiques centre on Broadfield Road is the best place. My dad deals with weighing the gold there and I've sold some of my own stuff as scrap there. The lady only makes about a 10p profit per gram once she takes it to the refinery. Definitely the best price in Sheffield

I don’t have any idea about it but I would like to suggest that before selling , go to the nearby jewelry store and get an idea about the price. It will help you in negotiation.

Does anybody have any idea about the kind of money platinum is fetching?

same as 22ct about £23 a gram

Chapel Jewellers gives good prices.

If the rings aren't in scrap condition though, you might get a little more on eBay.

You could try Herbert Brown, just opposite the Peace Gardens in Sheffield. They display a sign in their window with the current price that they will give you. Haven't tried it myself yet, but you can try for nothing.

Mordor ?

there is a gent in pistol creaks market who is very fair,he even told us to try else where on 1 item cause he knew we could bet a better price. Nice man

Someone from within the jewellery industry highly reccommended Lois Jewellery to me for selling gold as some retailers themselves sell the gold they buy from you to them - if you have a look at their website it gives you the daily gold price for the day. Yesterday it was £10.40 per gram of 9ct gold. Hope this helps.