How much does it cost to unlock a phone to change network?

Does anyone know where and how much it costs to unlock a 02 blackberry to put an orange sim card in?

Thank you

Have you tried online, it's easy, you have to pay for the unlock code tho. Just google your model

Most places apart from main dealers will do it for about a tenner, the jewellers on exchange street sells phones and they would do it. Theres also the shop on High Street opposite TJ's which sells games and phones and one down Moor

How do you do that then?

How do you do that then?

a while back my dad gave me a phone on o2, we can only get orange around here so i looked online and found out the codes to unlock it

for example, this is the one i used on my samsung, and it did work

Before you follow the instuctions, please make yourself aware of the "#" and "*" buttons on your phones keypad. You will find the "#" button at the bottom righthand corner of the keypad, and the "*" button at the bottom lefthand corner of the keypad. Thankyou for taking the time to read this.

1. Take a wrong network SIM (a sim the phone does not currently accept) and insert a half of it, so when you turn on the phone it won't detect the SIM. Very important so it won't ask for network password and shows "Insert SIM" message.

2. Turn on the phone, First do a CUSTOM reset: *2767*2878# (phone may display foreign language – don’t worry !) (The last digits after the * will appear as - - - -, this is normal)

3. Now push the sim all the way in, at this stage the phone is still asking to "Insert SIM" with the WRONG SIM inside.

4. Make a FULL reset by typing: *2767*3855#

5. The phone should reboot working with "wrong" sim inside. (do not turn off the phone)

6. Change the NCK password to 8 zeros by typing: *7465625*638*00000000*00000000#

7. Disable network lock by typing: #7465625*638*00000000#

8. Your phone is now permanently unlocked

9. As you will be using a different sim card, it may be necessary to re-input the relevant networks

WARNING, DO NOT USE, ITS ONLY FOR ONE TYPE OF PHONE

one thing tho it still came up with the o2 splash screens on start up etc, couldnt get rid of those.

i think shops use proper unlocking machines? rather than just random codes on the net

Edited by melthebell