Do they still sell Beech Nut Chewing Gum?

Stimrol was great! I'd forgotten that one. Gonna have to go on a mission to find some of these products. I feel a day off work coming on.

It doesn't look if it's marketed in the UK any more, 50 countries (but not here).

Tazz

Actually, Beech-Nut still exists (We only make Baby Food now), but Beech-Nut gum is still made right down the street here in New York State at a place called Canajoharie Manufacturing under the name of "Beechies".

Beech-Nut sold off the gum segment some years back to Richarson's Candy, which has recently become Canajoharie Manufacturing.

You can find limited former "Beech Nut products"...in the US. However, the original company Beechnut is defunct...Although..you can not find Beechnut Peppermint gum it seems, sometimes the other flavors show up in stores who sell vintage candy and such. As for the green crumbly item..Possibly it was paraffin tiny bottles, sometimes flavored "usually red or green..which you could drink the flavor, then chew the paraffin...

Edited by user-me
typo

We always used to ask for a ''tuppeny beechnut'' or a penny arrow bar :hihi: remember them?

Also does anyone remember the barley sugar sticks wrapped in orangey coloured cellphone and another stick, toffee flavoured with chocolate in the middle.

We always used to ask for a ''tuppeny beechnut'' or a penny arrow bar :hihi: remember them?

Also does anyone remember the barley sugar sticks wrapped in orangey coloured cellphone and another stick, toffee flavoured with chocolate in the middle.

I remember thoose my Mum used to buy a stick of barley sugar or the

toffee one from Halls chemist at Darnall :)

I remember penny arrow bars ( :bigsmile::bigsmile: ) the bus fare home was 2d at that time 1970ish. so if we walked home we could spend it in the shop. so a 1mile walk = 2 penny arrow bars. bargain, bliss.:thumbsup:

I remember penny arrow bars ( :bigsmile::bigsmile: ) the bus fare home was 2d at that time 1970ish. so if we walked home we could spend it in the shop. so a 1mile walk = 2 penny arrow bars. bargain, bliss.:thumbsup:
would that be the old cottage shop opposite the bottom of greaves road where you bought them?

would that be the old cottage shop opposite the bottom of greaves road where you bought them?

no mate we walked home from ecco comp. it was the shop across from the entrance to the park at the top end of mill road. hairdressers now.

no mate we walked home from ecco comp. it was the shop across from the entrance to the park at the top end of mill road. hairdressers now.
ah right, i only ever remember it as the hairdressers, however depending on when it closed as a shop i probably went in with me dad at some stage on a saturday or sunday morning after being dragged round the shrogs for our weekend walks before going into the park

ah right, i only ever remember it as the hairdressers, however depending on when it closed as a shop i probably went in with me dad at some stage on a saturday or sunday morning after being dragged round the shrogs for our weekend walks before going into the park

my dad did that with us as well. off to my bed now chat to you soon.

my dad did that with us as well. off to my bed now chat to you soon.
ok mate take care :thumbsup:

Hi All,

Bringing this to the top, having reched my mid-fifties, starting

to flash back to those care-free days of the 60's.

Here is a machine that recently sold at action, its post Decimil cash, was

there really a profit in selling some thing for a penny.. :huh:

(I cannot post a link yet, but punch in BEECHNUT CHEWING GUM under

google images, and it appears a couple of bars down )

I seem to remember the 2d / 3d? machines were less 70's funky, ie:

a more solid green design like the product packaging.

Also does anyone remember the square pink gum that came with a sort

of confederate ' green' US banknote, always on the search for the $1000

bill as a kid.

Cheers,

John.