Living in Woodseats?

Anyone live in the area? I know it reasonably well, but would like peoples opinions on living there? Particularly near the main strip of shops & pubs (chantery to the abbey pub etc).

Cheers in advance!

where else can you be so close to the city and all amenities yet so close to the countryside. I love living round here

It is a great place to live. Has every amenity you could wish for including several supermarkets and lots of pubs.

Cheers for the responses :)

Any everydays problems? Crime? is the traffic unbearable up chesterfield road?

Cheers for the responses :)

Any everydays problems? Crime? is the traffic unbearable up chesterfield road?

I try and avoid chesterfield rd at rush hour but its never unbearable.

Don`t think the crime is bad at all, theer is the odd incident round where I live but nothing to complain about. Theres a great community spirit.

I am not aware of any local crime and I have lived in woodseats for about 17 years. All my neighbours are great and I am on speaking terms with all of them. As for chesterfield road traffic, I seriously do not find it a problem, it looks worse than it is. It does crawl past the main drag of shops, but after that it isn't bad into town.

I believe that the worst holdups are further out on meadowhead, this means that if you join Chesterfield road in woodseats you miss the worst of it.

Cheers for that guys.

I was originally looking at the top side of chesterfield road as it appealed to me more but was exploring the other side of the road today around holmhirst road which seemed nice. Is it just in my head or are there proper pros and cons to each side?

Are the roads round holmhirst used as rat runs at all? Noticed traffic calming etc.

It is a great place to live. Has every amenity you could wish for including several supermarkets and lots of pubs.

Yeah, lots of mediocre to crap pubs.

Yeah, lots of mediocre to crap pubs.

Don't forget spoonies!

Can't beat the area, has no anti social behaviour, no crime, proud to come from woodseats, also abbey lane is a good area too.

Theres the odd Alco trying to sell you 1.5 ltrs of Vodka for twelve pounds and fifty pence, other than that it`s sound :banana: