Does a provisional driving license expire?

I had a provisional driving license when I was 17 and was learning to drive. At 18 I fell pregnant and my mum kicked me out and we haven't spoke since (that was 7 years ago!). I'm now 24 and want to restart driving lessons again, but do I need to apply for a new provisional driving license or just a replacement one? I haven't got any contact whatsoever with my mum so I have no way of knowing if she still has my license at her house or not (in my mum's case probably not!!!). :help:

You'll need a replacement. It was 6 years after getting my provisional that I started my lessons.

You will though, have to inform them of your new address and it will probably cost as you have lost your other one.

http://www.dvla.gov.uk

This may help. :D

They're valid for 10 years so you'll want a replacement for the lost licence as opposed to a renewal. You will need another as driving instructors check them and take your number, and you'll need it to book your test.

They're valid for 10 years so you'll want a replacement for the lost licence as opposed to a renewal. You will need another as driving instructors check them and take your number, and you'll need it to book your test.

Plus when you take your test (including your theory) you have to produce both parts of your licence.

Yup, got mine in front of me which is valid for 10 years. Ring up the DVLA and they'll be able to give you your License number which you can use temporarily for driving lessons and you can use it to book your theory test.

Head into the Post Office to fill out the form for a replacement, last time I checked it was £38 I believe to get a new one.

Also... Good luck with your lessons.

Posted on my Dad's account there lol