Black cabs, lost and found

Hello,

I think I left my bag in a black cab last night. Does anyone know the number to call their lost and found service? I've tried Yell.com but cant find it.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Zip.

Hello there

I was wondering if you ever managed to find this number? I've tried searching in vain myself.

Cheers

:help:

Shefftax 85 Ltd

telephone: 0114 2720000

20 Bedford St, Sheffield. S6 3BT

Lost property is jus another tip for most of the cabbies round here. Good look getting them back!

Lost property is jus another tip for most of the cabbies round here. Good look getting them back!

Well i once left my wallet in a black cab and got it back with all the money and cards still in there so they ain't all that bad.

Surely the phone number depends on which taxi company you went with?! Quite a lot of them have black cabs...

Aha. Thanks Aamer and gaby - I shall try both.

In Nov 2001 I lost my house keys in the back of a taxi. I'd been to Gatecrasher to see Tiesto and had got the taxi back to my house at the time. The taxi dropped me off on Crookes main road and as soon as it pulled off I realised I'd left my keys on the back seat.

I rang directory enquiries and was given a number for black cabs. The man there couldn't help me, but asked if the driver was asian. When I said yes, he replied "Maybe you should ask Mr Bin Laden about it. Heh heh". I'd never even met this guy before and he's making racist jokes to me. :loopy:

Anyway, I went to the station taxi rank and posted a message on the notice board there. Obviously I didn't give my address, but I left my mobile number for someone to call me if they found the keys. No-one ever called about them though. :(

West bar police station is the main lost property office for cabs as well as everyone else. The problem with cab drivers particularly on busy nights is, they rarely check in the back after every passenger leaves. At night if you happen to leave something on the cab floor, then there is mors chance of next passenger finding it than the cab driver, then it's their honesty as well that you must depend on. The cabbie is the one you would obviously blame but may not be as crooked as some of the angels that they pick up.

Before anyone goes on a prolonged rant about the black cab drivers all being thieves, you have to remember that it's more than likely that it was the cabbies next customer who found the lost items, and it would most probably be down them and their honesty to decide if your lost propery was ever "found" ;)