New Sainsburys in Bradway?

You are The Bradway Troll. I have Just looked at your previous posts, they are not informative, witty or intelligent, as for good sarcasm, you know that humour so loved in Britain, yours is banal. I also recommend a new spell checker and a decent book on grammar.

Thats because your thick, you ignore facts, and would not understand an intelligent or witty remark if it came up and hit you.

go back to your alpen in your ivory tower and looking out at what else you need to purchase to keep up with your "friends", i like most people on here live in the real world.

Now unless you have a pertinent comment to this thread, go away and sulk

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

This has become boring. I am obviously having some kind of dialogue with a congenital cretin who resorts to juvenile insults. you really need to spend more time away from that smouldering computer.

try reading the bottom of my post instead of judging everyones comments before you post, you will see that in actual fact im not on a computer in the traditional sence.....oops your bad lol

Oh Dear ! A small amount of education is a dangerous thing. A computer can be a phone and a phone can be a computer, I am using this noun in the same way one uses the word hoover, I assume even you can understand this. Please try and spew forth more intelligent comments as this is becoming embarrassing.

yes you are, so far all you have posted is derogatory comments about everyone, all you are doing is hijacking a thread, so either have a constructive comment about this thread or go troll someware else

Does anyone know why there were allowed to build a sainsbury in broomhill where there was already a spar

Does anyone know why there were allowed to build a sainsbury in broomhill where there was already a spar

The existence of an existing nearby business conducting the same trade is not a valid reason to turn down planning permission. Any objection made on those grounds alone would be anti-competitive and invalid.

Objections can be on other grounds, such as noise, smells, traffic issues, and inappropriate development. At present many Bradway residents are objecting on competition grounds in sympathy with existing traders. Those objections will carry no weight - on their own. More substantial grounds are required, and every little detail in the plans needs to be checked. Sainsbury's have spent many thousands of pounds to get this far, using professional advisers for each area of potential difficulty - including a PR company! They have a great deal of experience in making such applications.

What they don't have is detailed local knowledge. I feel certain the Bradway store will go ahead. I'm not certain it will go ahead in the form appearing in the current planning application.

It seems the planners have decided to allow the store to go ahead without any significant changes, see Officer Reports, 26.6.2013; http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=MLI46VNYFY000

Sainsbury's will probably now get planning permission on 2nd July when the application is heard. All representations from those with local knowledge regarding traffic, access and parking have been swept aside, seemingly considered irrelevant.

Fast forward 2 - 3 years and see if some of local resident's concerns have come to pass.

Well, It seems to me that most people in Bradway want a Sainsbury's and obviously do not care how it looks. As for any objections or concerns being brushed aside you have the worst planning office in the country, it has no vision and is totally unfit for purpose, but then you only have to look at Sheffeild city centre to realise this. So, it's goodbye to Spar and good luck to the greengrocer who will do very well out of all this.

Well, It seems to me that most people in Bradway want a Sainsbury's and obviously do not care how it looks. As for any objections or concerns being brushed aside you have the worst planning office in the country, it has no vision and is totally unfit for purpose, but then you only have to look at Sheffeild city centre to realise this. So, it's goodbye to Spar and good luck to the greengrocer who will do very well out of all this.

At yesterday's Planning Committee meeting Sainsbury's application was declined. Not on traffic grounds, the biggest grouse of local residents, but to retain a building of character.

It's not listed and isn't much different from many pubs built between the two wars, however it's one of a declining number of older properties around Sheffield. Sainsbury's will probably appeal, and the chances are the development will still happen, but not quite as soon as they'd hoped.

The planning committee want the old building incorporated. That looks rather difficult (virtually impossible) to achieve, even if Sainsbury's were to invest a lot more cash into the project.

Anyone out there want to buy (and have the money to buy) a failed pub, squashed between a filling station and betting shop?! Thought not.

The Bradway has a lot of potential as a pub, assuming the building is still OK - it was held back by the restrictions imposed by its owners, Enterprise Inns.

Keep the troublemakers out, offer interesting craft beers and good food at fair prices throughout the day with good service in a clean, comfortable environment and it should do OK, especially if a community angle is added such as hosting sports teams or community group meetings. Make some use of the outdoor drinking area and double winner.

I agree that it would make a fantastic real ale public house,no music,no food just real ale at sensible prices with nice garden