Cunninghams PICCALILLI

Used to say "made in Sheffield" on the bottles. Not anymore.....

Check it out. Cunninghams and Hendersons were bought out by the same company a couple of years ago, based in Oldham (I believe) and production was carried out at both sites with it gradually moving away from Sheffield.

I hope its not true, but thats the story from a very reliable source, who's in the pickle trade.

Jim

Well it says made in Sheffield on the bottle in my cupbard

bought last week and has the Sheffield address on too :)

Well it says made in Sheffield on the bottle in my cupbard

bought last week and has the Sheffield address on too :)

That I am glad to here!:thumbsup:

I will check my stock when I get home.

Jim

Mine says made in Sheffield, but it ain't like it used to be, BRING BACK THE BIG CHUNKY BITS. so if there is anyone on this forum who works for Cunninghams GET IT SORTED NOW. oh and where have all the gherkins and cauliflower gone??? the jars used to be full of it, why do manufactures have to skimp on things all the time??? WE DO NOTICE.

Cunninghams are owned by Novantia (who also own thornbridge brewery) are sheffield owned and based.

http://www.novantia.co.uk

That's what happens when big company's take over small ones the quality goes down the hill, GIVE US BACK OUR BIG CHUNKS OR ELSE :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have just emailed the Novantia group regarding this subject and sent them this page link to the forum, lets see what happens. Is there anyone else that would like to see the old chunky piccalilli back??? I have suggested they do a jar with BIG CHUNKS and a jar with tiny bits for the people that cant handle the mans jar :hihi::hihi: Think I need help:loopy::loopy:

Looks like I cant send mail to Novantia, it keeps coming back failed, think I may have to go back to the old pen paper and stamp then wait a month for a reply.

My jar has an address of 239 High Street Ecclesfield S35 9XB on it. All very strange because I walked past there only today and could find no such number and certainly no pickle factory, anyone any ideas was to where 239 High Street is??

Think that's just an address to write to, if you have any complaints or find something nasty. I've never smelled pickles drifting on the wind from ecclesfield....not like you could with Bassets or Fletchers anyway. At the other side of Sheff, it was the pie factory behind drakehouse or the slaughter house at Rother valley ( not nice)

My jar has an address of 239 High Street Ecclesfield S35 9XB on it. All very strange because I walked past there only today and could find no such number and certainly no pickle factory, anyone any ideas was to where 239 High Street is??

It's a semi detached house just past the old Regency/Bank House building, as you walk towards Cross Hill.

Just had some piccialilli on a sarni (cunninghams)whats happened to all them chunky gerkins,cauliflowers,that use to be init,