When should I start making my Xmas cake??

Fruit cake is rancid :gag: Delia is a weirdo :evil: and Xmas is miles away! Let's enjoy summer first :)

Always make my Christmas cake and Christmas Pud on the nearest Sunday to Bonfire night. In our house we call it Stir up Sunday and we all have a go at stirring the mixtures and making a wish.

I always make mine the Sunday after Bonfire Night as I am busy making parkin before that for Bonfire Night. When that is out of the way then it is time for the christmas cake.

Watched Delia last Christmas making her Christmas (booze) cake. Thought at the time I'd make one this year, was just looking on the bbcfood website and got the recipe http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/creolechristmascake_92907.

Just wondered when people start with making their cakes like above, she mentions as month before but I'm sure when watching her on TV she said she started it in October??

I made mine on 21st June ,the equinox.

I'll just buy one ready made from Tesco :D

Either that or Mum'll make one.

Not made one for years but I always used to make mine in september. When it'd properly cooled I'd stick it in a tin and pour a tablespoon of brandy over it. Every week I'd take it out, turn it over and pour another table spoon of brandy over it. By the time its ready for icing you cant take the lid off without getting drunk from the vapours !!! Made me want to make one now !