Good butcher in Sheffield

Can anyone recommend a decent butcher in Sheffield which sells high quality meat?

I recently used a good butcher in Woodseats - it's a corner shop just along Abbey Road from the Spar shop. I don't know his name though. He was recommended to me for a dinner party I was hosting at a friend's house in Woodseats. I was very satisfied.

I use Crashaws in Hillsborough and I've always had good stuff from them. I think they've got other shops elsewhere in the city but I'm not entirely sure where.

I recently used a good butcher in Woodseats - it's a corner shop just along Abbey Road from the Spar shop. I don't know his name though. He was recommended to me for a dinner party I was hosting at a friend's house in Woodseats. I was very satisfied.
Is it Ryalls on Abbey Lane? He does great sausage too. Or there's Batty's on Woodseats, just opp Woodseats Hotel (as was) . Their meat is excellent. And you can nip into Baldocks at the same time and check out the fish!

Crawshaws are very good, and I usually use them. I've always found Whirlow Hall farm shop to be very good quality and good price as well. Many of the farm shops sell their own (local) meat.

theres a brill one at crospool at the bottom of sandygate road i think its called phillip james. we get all our meat from them for where i work and it is always high quality and tastes brilliant :)

Proper meat at reasonable prices http://sharrowvale.co.uk/details.asp?place=RalphThickets

Also supplies more traditional fare such as pigs trotters, cow heel, heart, Ox tail etc.

The meat is good at any time but the meat I ordered at xmas beef, lamb and gammon was terrific, especially the gammon.

Very popular sandwich bar, especially the roast pork.

Avoid lunch time and school run times for easy parking

Wasteneys at Grenoside. I think they are the only butcher who have their own abattoir.

Very small but extremely good!

I've recently discovered Chris Beech on South Rd, Walkley. Fantastic bacon and sausages.. When the other half is away sometime I intend to try everything else he has to offer.

I've recently discovered Chris Beech on South Rd, Walkley. Fantastic bacon and sausages.. When the other half is away sometime I intend to try everything else he has to offer.

I'll second that, I used this butchers when I lived in Walkley and still use it even though I moved down the hill several years ago. Dave and Beryl retired at Christmas and Chris who'd worked for them for a few years took over and it's got even better.

Edited by Stan Tamudo

Not quite Sheffield but Clives in Harthill is good. Make all their own pies and sausages etc and roast all their own cooked meats. They will do pretty much anything if you request it if they dont have it.

I can highly recommend yalls on abbey lane, he smkes his own bacon and his meat is wonderful his aged sirloin is to die for and he makes all his own pies, he makes his own black pudding sausages and we recently tried his pork cheese and leek ones they were superb

enjoy